What happened to some of the SSF users? (2 Viewers)

>>I miss Chop. :shrug:

Chop was a great poster, but I heard he moved to Austin and became an NC State fan.

>>What happened to Jacob?

He cut his mullet, sold his old pickup truck and moved to New Orleans. Who knew? :shrug:

TPS

Hey hey hey, TPS reports. Nothing wrong with being an NC State fan... GEAUX WOLFPACK!

I hate Old Greg.

blasphemy.

>>I also miss L.C., Chop & Jacob... BPE!!....:hihi:

Word was that LC was a hit at the tailgate for the Texans game. I almost made it spur of the moment, but I had my kids that weekend. Next time we play in Houston, though, I'll be there. :17:

TPS

He was a hit and almost hit. The next time Saints play here in Houston will be in 8 years, so we look forward to seeing you then:9:

i blame it all on the "old timers" forum. almost all of the worthy topics are posted in there, and the good discussions are missed out on by regular guys like me. i find myself doing a mouse-over on the thread title just to read an excerpt of it, and then being upset that i cant read the rest.

oh, and because LC is very, very banned.

I'd post more if I knew what I was talking about. I don't have much football knowledge, so it's harder for me to join in a discussion or starting a thread even. Luckily for me, I realized how bad the Saints were when they lost to the Rams on my birthday, so I have already gotten over the season. Also luckily, I was so drunk I don't remember any of the game after halftime, but I do remember walking out the dome saying "we suck" and "it's my bday, how could we lose?"

i blame it all on the "old timers" forum. almost all of the worthy topics are posted in there, and the good discussions are missed out on by regular guys like me. i find myself doing a mouse-over on the thread title just to read an excerpt of it, and then being upset that i cant read the rest.

Screwed and screwed alike

I'd post more if I knew what I was talking about. I don't have much football knowledge, so it's harder for me to join in a discussion or starting a thread even. Luckily for me, I realized how bad the Saints were when they lost to the Rams on my birthday, so I have already gotten over the season. Also luckily, I was so drunk I don't remember any of the game after halftime, but I do remember walking out the dome saying "we suck" and "it's my bday, how could we lose?"

You didn't leave after the big Pittman run, did you?

Because I remember some guy complaining about the Saints losing on their birthday

I tend to migrate to the EE Board during the off season. The draft and training camp just don't thrill me like a well-executed counter play does. Call me a "gamer," the player who looks terrible during practice but goes above and beyond on gameday.

What happened to this poster or what happened to that poster?

I respect the privacy of all posters. You can trust that I'm not going to go blabbing on a public board about any actions I've taken as a moderator regarding you. Openly discussing disciplinary actions taken by this site regarding any given poster would be a violation of that trust.

That's how I see it.

You don't like this board anymore because this poster or that poster is gone?

There's lots of space on the Internet, y'all. Just my 2 cents. If you don't like it here, fine, nobody's holding a gun to your head and saying you have to come here.

Me? I've been here a while. Not as long as some. Longer than others. I still haven't recovered from the 2007 season enough to say I'm really looking forward to the 2008 season. Time to step back, lick my wounds, and rest up for August 2008.

See y'all around. Mostly on the EE Board.

Well, from a somewhat old timer here, I can tell you (and I don't speak for all) that some of us get tired of the typical "you're not a real fan" posts from some of the newcomers when there is criticism displayed toward coaches, players, fans, etc. Sometimes we just get sick of it all.

This place is a community that shares opinions, rants and cheers and everyone is respected in that fashion. When one tells another to "root for the Patriots" or "you don't watch enough football", the regular SSF posters just feel like "here we go again". Some if not most of the original SSF posters (and I'm one of them) were here during the Iron Era and to be constantly berated over the years just gets tiring.

With that said, we are still here watching, sometimes posting and still cheering on our Saints.

And it goes without saying, thank you Andrus for putting up with it all.

Agreed

Indeed. On both counts

We now have well over 17,000 members and close to a 2000 posts per day average. 1700 posts so far today. Much more when we have breaking news. The influx of new members has been tremendous. We get registration requests from several new people every day to the point that we have several Admins + Andrus working on them to help spread out the work load. Andrus has had to add new servers and spend significant additional dollars to maintain site speed because of the ongoing need for increased member access.

That is pretty much correct. A thread on that topic exists here:

The Infraction System - How it Works

How many points do I have? Just curious. Do rival fans start with more points?

Last edited:
How many points do I have? Just curious. Do rival fans start with more points?

Go to your USER CP using the tab at the top of the forum. If you have any infractions, they'll be listed there.

Everybody starts with zero points...even Falcons fans. :)

Truer words were never spoken...many times it's not what you say but how you say it. That's especially important when communication is so one-dimensional. That is something that we all need to be reminded of at times....:)

:plus-un2: , especially on the "we must draft LSU players" threads...even as an LSU alum, those are getting old....
There's a fine art to disagreeing without being disagreeable. It's when people take thnigs to seriously and go after the poster as opposed to the post that the mods step in.

IMHO, this is absolutely the best run fan site out there. my wife and son can view this forum (oh, that's right, Carter can't read yet:ezbill: ) and not be offended by content. Except, of course, DadsDream's political viewpoints:ezbill: . J/k Dads!

you cant have an opinion on these boards thats why theres hardly any newcomers.

its all about who you know on here thats why i rarely post
That this post has not been deleted and that you have not been banned certainly says how wrong you are...

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom