What happened to some of the SSF users? (1 Viewer)

Well, from a somewhat old timer here, I can tell you (and I don't speak for all) that some of us get tired of the typical "you're not a real fan" posts from some of the newcomers when there is criticism displayed toward coaches, players, fans, etc. Sometimes we just get sick of it all.

This place is a community that shares opinions, rants and cheers and everyone is respected in that fashion. When one tells another to "root for the Patriots" or "you don't watch enough football", the regular SSF posters just feel like "here we go again". Some if not most of the original SSF posters (and I'm one of them) were here during the Iron Era and to be constantly berated over the years just gets tiring.

With that said, we are still here watching, sometimes posting and still cheering on our Saints.

And it goes without saying, thank you Andrus for putting up with it all.

Why was Loose Cannon banned?

I don't think it was any 1 thing that LC did. The Admin/Mods have some sort of infraction point system they use when posters violate the TOS. I'm not quite sure how it works, but if you get enough points, I think you get a banning that gets longer and longer each subsequent time you get banned.

you cant have an opinion on these boards thats why theres hardly any newcomers.

its all about who you know on here thats why i rarely post

you cant have an opinion on these boards thats why theres hardly any newcomers.

its all about who you know on here thats why i rarely post

Of course you can have an opinion....it's how people express that opinion that leads to trouble. Hardly any newcomers? I'm wondering where you get that info because this website has grown by leaps and bounds just over the last two years.

i usually dont post much but i truly believe that there are a lot of sr members that look thru threads but dont post. i sometimes like to read thru a few threads without really anything to say. i think that there is a misconception that a lot of people wont post here because of possibly being thrashed. if you care anything about being thrashed on sr you have some serious life issues. just like everyone else i have a life but i tend to drop in more a little closer to free agency or the draft. thats usually when i come out of hibernation. until then theres nothing to really talk about.

A lot of the old schoolers lurk i think. like DEAN in LA i think thats his name you know the actor. A couple of other guys that are 40+ years old. I think they felt this board has a lot of young guys that post and just have a hard time relating. I am 26 i remember one of the times i posted here i used b/c instead of because and they said we arent too internet savy write it all out. I just can see how they feel that people who are a little hard headed or kind of angry alienate them. i remember after the colts game and then after the titans game. i said the saints season is over and people blew up on me. i think they just read now and post in threads like the get together ones and they try to ignore any argument threads. i think it started to dwindle down during the jake vs brooks threads.

Last edited:
Of course you can have an opinion....it's how people express that opinion that leads to trouble. Hardly any newcomers? I'm wondering where you get that info because this website has grown by leaps and bounds just over the last two years.

Indeed. On both counts

We now have well over 17,000 members and close to a 2000 posts per day average. 1700 posts so far today. Much more when we have breaking news. The influx of new members has been tremendous. We get registration requests from several new people every day to the point that we have several Admins + Andrus working on them to help spread out the work load. Andrus has had to add new servers and spend significant additional dollars to maintain site speed because of the ongoing need for increased member access.

...The Admin/Mods have some sort of infraction point system they use when posters violate the TOS. I'm not quite sure how it works, but if you get enough points, I think you get a banning that gets longer and longer each subsequent time you get banned.

That is pretty much correct. A thread on that topic exists here:

The Infraction System - How it Works

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom