What happened to the 9'er's Defense the last four weeks? (1 Viewer)

MamaRoux

Veteran
Reaction score
Just looked up the 9're's record and noticed how they were giving up a LOT of points there for a lolng while ( the first 7 games of the season) and then put the brakes on the scoring against them the last four games. So, Whot'Hapin? Did someone get fired or hired or were there injuries that healed and they got players back or did someone step up after someone else got injured?
Seems like something HAD to have happened to turn them around but I just don't know what! I sure hope our OC knows what happened and can tap into that leaky defense they had at the beginning of the season so we can roll it up on them!

I feel pretty confident that our Defense can handle Gore and the 9'er's "O"-line. We have been playing with enough emotion and quickness to accomplish good things and take advantage of whatever they give us when we're on Offense and for our Defense to take control of their game.

Going into the Dome, with Coach Payton urging the team to "Take Care of Our Home!", this may be a game where the TEAM can hit on all cylinders and make a nice statement!

Just looked up the 9're's record and noticed how they were giving up a LOT of points there for a lolng while ( the first 7 games of the season) and then put the brakes on the scoring against them the last four games. So, Whot'Hapin?

They went from playing the San Diego Chargers, Chicago Bears, McNabb Eagles, and Kansas City Chiefs to playing the Minnesota Vikings, Detroit Lions, and Hasselback/Alexander-less Seahawks.

They went from playing the San Diego Chargers, Chicago Bears, McNabb Eagles, and Kansas City Chiefs to playing the Minnesota Vikings, Detroit Lions, and Hasselback/Alexander-less Seahawks.

Then we'll see how we stack up! Looks like the 9'er's are a good barometer of good teams vs. poor ones.

If we come out of this thing with a nice victory that results in our holding them down and running up a strong score ourselves we can take that as a sign we actually do have a good team. This wouldn't surprise me at all since I know, from watching our games over and over again, that we have a very strong team who have a good character and are such an improvement over what we've been accustomed to for years and years now.

Here's to a strong HOME In The DOME showing this Sunday, resulting in a "W" and perhaps a score we can look to as proof that our team is capable of blowing out another team!

I'm not overly concerned about the Niners' 23rd ranked defense. I believe our coaches and O will have an answer for anything they try to throw at us.

I'm more interested in the total effort our team shows on Sunday.

Say what you will, but it's that time now. If you have any intentions on making a serious run, deep into the playoffs, it begins Sunday.

Typically, teams that are hot, and on a roll, at the end of the season, go deep into the playoffs. Two immediate examples that come to mind are the Steelers and Panthers last year. Steelers win it all, and Panthers lose in the NFC championship game - Both teams were definitely hot heading down the final stretch.

With the Falcons win behind us, it's time to create that final push with a followup win Sunday and begin our roll.

You beat the teams you're expected to beat, and upset a couple whom you're expected to bow to... It's that simple.

Great explanation....I'm not concerned about the Offense facing the Niners D. We know the Saints O can move the ball and score on any D. I'm more interested in how the Defense will do versus the Niners Offense. The Saints D has taken the best punches from every team since the bye. The Ravens, Steelers, and Bengals all had one of their best offensive days versus the Saints. How will they react against an O ranked in the twenties? Hopefully they have a "statement" game showing they are good Defense peaking going into the playoffs

went from a 3-4 to a 4-3 and simplified the defense, not as much thinking to do and more reaction.

Plus 2 of their 3 wins came at home, the other was on the road against Detroit. The 49ers are 3-20 on the road the last three years compared to 8-15 at home.

Just looked up the 9're's record and noticed how they were giving up a LOT of points there for a lolng while ( the first 7 games of the season) and then put the brakes on the scoring against them the last four games. So, Whot'Hapin? Did someone get fired or hired or were there injuries that healed and they got players back or did someone step up after someone else got injured?
Seems like something HAD to have happened to turn them around but I just don't know what! I sure hope our OC knows what happened and can tap into that leaky defense they had at the beginning of the season so we can roll it up on them!

I feel pretty confident that our Defense can handle Gore and the 9'er's "O"-line. We have been playing with enough emotion and quickness to accomplish good things and take advantage of whatever they give us when we're on Offense and for our Defense to take control of their game.

Going into the Dome, with Coach Payton urging the team to "Take Care of Our Home!", this may be a game where the TEAM can hit on all cylinders and make a nice statement!

They finally played some decent teams. I pity the fools Sunday in the Dome.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom