What happened with MT??? (1 Viewer)

Saintcd

Rookie
Reaction score
It would be Jimmy Graham all over though. The Saints would have to eat all of the guaranteed money, which will put the team in worse cap hell than they will be in for the next few years.
I agree it would be jimmy all over again, but if it comes down to a choice between someone disgruntled in the locker room or less cap space then the Lesser of 2 evils is to move him and suck up the cap hit. If anything happens it will be during the bye week and the saints can go radio silent until after the bye. The situation will either get fixed or someone will get shipped out.

bearze34

The Listener
VIP Subscribing Member
Reaction score
This is a situation to keep an eye on IMO... Michael Thomas comes across as a very cocky and arrogant player. Hopefully he doesn’t melt-down, and accepts his suspension and moves forward.
He didn't hesitate to undermine Brees at the first opportunity. He is already having injury issues and now goes after another teammate? WTH?

Saint Lattimore

Not-So Restricted Airspace
Reaction score
He didn't hesitate to undermine Brees at the first opportunity. He is already having injury issues and now goes after another teammate? WTH?
Michael Thomas is very similar to Steve Smith in temperament and attitude. He’s a volatile personality, and when a light gets cast on guys like this, there’s a very real possibility that things go totally sideways and bridges get burned.

Judge_Smails

Rookie
Reaction score
Michael Thomas is very similar to Steve Smith in temperament and attitude. He’s a volatile personality, and when a light gets cast on guys like this, there’s a very real possibility that things go totally sideways and bridges get burned.
Glad someone brought up Steve Smith. He sucker punched His teammate, CB Kenyatta Lucas and broke his jaw, back in the day. The Panthers shipped Lucas to another team and Smith set all the team receiving records before signing with the Ravens at the tail end of his career.

I loved to “hate” Smith back in the day, but he was a great receiver and a bad mofo who fueled his greatness from the perceived slights of others. Thomas is cut from the same cloth.

LAhotsauce

ALL-MADDEN TEAM
Reaction score
I'm trying to imagine Michael Jordan in today's sports and sports media atmosphere.

I cannot.

He would probably been suspended 10 games for the Steve Kerr incident alone. Hows things have changed. 😄

Quiet Storm

ALL-MADDEN TEAM
Reaction score
Fights break out ALL the time in practice. For MT to get benched over this suggests he just straight up sucker-punched CGJ.
Kinda like what Bobby Portis got suspended for when with the Bulls a few years back. He sucker punched Nikola Mirotic in practice breaking his face in which Mirotic had to be hospitalized for and missed a month or so to start the season.

I'm sure Thomas will apologize if he hasn't done so already.

Gardner-Johnson has posted on IG today but I don't think it has anything to do with what happened.

LAhotsauce

ALL-MADDEN TEAM
Reaction score
Kinda like what Bobby Portis got suspended for when with the Bulls a few years back. He sucker punched Nikola Mirotic in practice breaking his face in which Mirotic had to be hospitalized for and missed a month or so to start the season.

I'm sure Thomas will apologize if he hasn't done so already.

Gardner-Johnson has posted on IG today but I don't think it has anything to do with what happened.
Lets keep it straight. Bobby Portis did not sucker punch Mirotic. All reports say Mirotic started the whole thing and charged at Portis before he got what he apparently wanted.

I think some of this is the fight and some of this is not wanting to play Thomas this week. Practice fights and saying bad things, even towards asst coaches, are too common. Always have been.

44slayer

Black and Gold
Reaction score
If this were the playoffs, Mike would be playing.

If Mike wasn’t already questionable with the ankle, he would be playing.

Call it a suspension to make a point, but circumstances dictate everything. This locker room is strong enough to even put the OPOY back in line. They’ll get through this.

Doug B

Fanaticus Sanctii
Reaction score
Haven't read the last few pages of this thread. Still wondering how no media saw anything. Did it not happen on the field?

Reaction score
I also heard from someone who was there and he said it was a sucker punch. People are undermining the severity of this. MT is in hot water with everyone involved in the Saints organization. You don’t blindside a teammate.

YankeeBravo

Rookie
Reaction score
I heard exactly what happened from someone that was there and what MT did was a HUGE cowardly move. Allot of other Saints players are pissed as well. Not a good look at all
If you heard exactly what happened please enlighten us!

Saint Spud

Hall-of-Famer
Reaction score
I also heard from someone who was there and he said it was a sucker punch. People are undermining the severity of this. MT is in hot water with everyone involved in the Saints organization. You don’t blindside a teammate.
Yeah, Underhill said something similar on his periscope today. It wasn’t like an altercation which began with some shoving and then tempers flared leading to a punch. This was unexpected.

With that said, I expect MT to learn from this. Taking a game away from someone as competitive as he is is a huge punishment. He’s not getting traded (we can’t afford the cap hit) and every one of his teammates will be on the staff’s side on this one. They also know he’s a huge key to this team’s championship aspirations and, regardless of tension, hurt feelings, etc, will welcome him back when he returns and apologizes.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)