What happened with MT??? (2 Viewers)

According to Peter King,

Schefter tweets that Michael Thomas won’t be active Monday night against the Chargers, and adds an hour later it’s because he punched cornerback C.J. Gardner-Johnson. Hearing a lot about this, including the fact that teammates backed Gardner-Johnson in the practice dispute, and that this is a suspension more than another week off to rest an ankle injury. It’ll be interesting to see if Thomas works to get back in the good graces of the team, or if this remains an issue for whatever reason. But if it lingers, it could be a huge issue for the Saints, 2-2 entering tonight’s game. Thomas caught more balls last year than any receiver in history in one season, and his chemistry with Drew Brees is notable. The Saints need his greatness."

Stop making excuses for MT. Hope he learns from it.

He did not run Drew Brees under the bus. He expressed his concern with Drew Brees not showing compassion for BLM. Drew Brees responded positively eventually and admitted that he was ignorant to the importance of protesting. And even made a video with other players. Brees is a better person because of it.

He expressed his "concern" in a less than constructive manner and chose to go straight to Twitter (publicly) than going directly to Drew (privately). Because he (and others) went public with it, Drew's family got death threats. Because he (and others) went public with it, Drew has the distinct privilege of being the first NFL QB to be told (F* You) by Slim Shady in song.

If that isn't throwing someone under the bus, I don't know what is.

He did not run Drew Brees under the bus. He expressed his concern with Drew Brees not showing compassion for BLM. Drew Brees responded positively eventually and admitted that he was ignorant to the importance of protesting. And even made a video with other players. Brees is a better person because of it.

If you think calling teammates out in public forums is conducive to building team cohesion, you are probably not a good team player or leader yourself.

Trade for draft picks wouldn’t be the worst outcome. Better disgruntled and gone, than disgruntled and killing the locker room.
This I agree with. I love MT but if you cause locker room issues, bye bye buddy.

Trade for draft picks wouldn’t be the worst outcome. Better disgruntled and gone, than disgruntled and killing the locker room.
It would be Jimmy Graham all over though. The Saints would have to eat all of the guaranteed money, which will put the team in worse cap hell than they will be in for the next few years.

Tweets from who? Can’t say that I’ve heard anything about any other altercations between the two. Was the tweets from their own personal Twitter accounts?
No, they're tweets from Nick Underhill and Katherine Terrell in another thread. The "Michael Thomas out for MNF" thread. I read in there that both Thomas and Gardner-Johnson got into last year as well.

Nick reported this latest incident and Katherine reported the incident that happened on August 20th in a tweet.

The guy is not a locker room problem. This is the same guy that bought everyone of his teammates last year Jordan's.

The guy wants to play, sitting on the sideline watching his teammates play I'm sure is not something he wants to be doing.

He's not a distraction, if he was, we would have heard about last years incident and the August 20th incident well before now.

This I agree with. I love MT but if you cause locker room issues, bye bye buddy.

While the word is that he and CGJ have been at odds before...this sounds like a different situation. I don't want MT cancelled for something that he can hopefully learn from. If it continues to be disruptive, then yes. Unless there is something there that hasn't been reported on, I think it's too early to make that kind of a move.

I heard exactly what happened from someone that was there and what MT did was a HUGE cowardly move. Allot of other Saints players are P'Oed as well. Not a good look at all
you gotta feed us more details man. This post is like dangling a steak at wolves and only letting them get a lick.

He expressed his "concern" in a less than constructive manner and chose to go straight to Twitter (publicly) than going directly to Drew (privately). Because he (and others) went public with it, Drew's family got death threats. Because he (and others) went public with it, Drew has the distinct privilege of being the first NFL QB to be told (F* You) by Slim Shady in song.

If that isn't throwing someone under the bus, I don't know what is.
Drew Brees received death threats because of his own public statements, not because of Michael Thomas. Brittany said so. She also said that it was a wake up call. And you blame what Slim Shady does on Michael Thomas?

Again, Brees voluntarily made public comments.

Here’s Brittany’s quote (they came to a realization, they weren’t pressured into anything)

“We are the problem. I write this with tears in my eyes and I hope you all hear our hearts. I have read these quotes and scripture 1,000 times and every time I read it and the words sink into my heart. I think yes this is what it’s all about. Only until the last few days, until we experienced the death threats we experienced the hate. Did I realize that these words were speaking directly to us. (words from MLK) How could anyone who knows us or has had interactions with us think that Drew or I have a racist bone in our body?

But that’s the whole point. Somehow we as white America, we can feel good about not being racist, feel good about loving one another as God loves us. We can feel good about educating our children about the horrors of slavery and history. We can read books to our children about Martin Luther King, Malcolm X, Hank Aaron, Barack Obama, Rosa Parks, Harriet Tubman and feel like we are doing our part to raise our children to love, be unbiased and with no prejudice. To teach them about all of the African Americans that have fought for and risked their lives against racial injustice. Somehow as white Americans we feel like that checks the box of doing the right thing.

Not until this week did Drew and I realize THAT THIS IS THE PROBLEM. To say, “I don’t agree with disrespecting the flag" I now understand was also saying I don’t understand what the problem really is, I don’t understand what you’re fighting for and I’m not willing to hear you because of our preconceived notion‘s of what that flag means to us. That’s the problem, we are not listening, white America is not hearing. We’re not actively LOOKING for racial prejudice.

We have heard stories from men and women we have known and loved for years about the racism that occurred in their lives, stories that were never shared or talked about because somehow they were considered normal. To all of our friends and anyone we hurt, we will do better. We want to do better, we want to HEAR you, and we will fight for you because thinking we are not part of the problem is checking the box it means we are are not doing enough. It’s our job to educate ourselves. We are sorry.”

You can try to make Brees the victim of you want to but that’s not how he sees it, and he changed course because he felt it was the right thing to do.

While the word is that he and CGJ have been at odds before...this sounds like a different situation. I don't want MT cancelled for something that he can hopefully learn from. If it continues to be disruptive, then yes. Unless there is something there that hasn't been reported on, I think it's too early to make that kind of a move.

Fights break out ALL the time in practice. For MT to get benched over this suggests he just straight up sucker-punched CGJ.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom