What happened?!? (1 Viewer)

FatiusJeebs

The Commish
Reaction score
I'm just curious....what happened to the thread about the three teens and the bus driver who did not get involved? Where did it go?

No clue. Seems that it was deleted.

No clue. Seems that it was deleted.

I'm curious as to why? It was a serious issue that kinda hit close to home (both for where I live and that I have a son). I don't wanna call out mods or anything but I'd like to know what happened.

I think the first few post set te tone for another trayvon/race debate. Maybe mods just nipped it in the bud before it got out of hand. :dunno:

def not calling anyone out, just so ya know.

but that was bunk, it got deleted in the middle of my reading it. lame. ppl should be able to discuss issues. if a post is outta line, drop it, but not the thread.

JMO, cus really, i don't even know what happened to it.

Not sure, we're looking into it. May have been a board glitch.

We don't know either. We're asking.

When threads are moved or deleted, they are usually "soft" deleted, which keeps an open view thread for us, and we can resurrect it, if needed.

"Hard" deletes kill it forever and there is no trace. A mod/admin can do this, or a board glitch.

Also, with more of us using our phones/pads to access this site, fat fingers can cause problems. :)

I deleted it.

Please feel free to start a new thread about the subject.

Joe

def not calling anyone out, just so ya know.

but that was bunk, it got deleted in the middle of my reading it. lame. ppl should be able to discuss issues. if a post is outta line, drop it, but not the thread.

JMO, cus really, i don't even know what happened to it.

kfaulk99...

I don't take that as a calling out, however what bothers me about these types of responses is the assumption that it was deleted due to ____ <--- enter reason here, having something to do with staff moderation. As it turns out, in this case, and is often the case, it is my understanding that the OP deleted his own thread. The reason was because it had headed way off-track. The OP happened to be a Mod and hard deleted it, so the rest of the staff did not see any visual evidence of what had happened to it. However, we have the ability to look through the moderation logs and determine which mod hard deleted a thread. That part takes a little time.

Many of us, myself included, have a bad habit of not awaiting the facts. Why? I guess because we're just suspicious minded in nature... and of course, waiting on the facts can really screw up a good conspiracy theory :hihi:

I will say this... At times, we do lock threads because there are too many bad posts to moderate, and the discussion has deteriorated beyond repair.

I want to make two points:

*You can never assume that a thread deletion was performed by a staff member, and not the OP.

*The mods ARE instructed to let reasonable discussions stand, and instead moderate individual posts. However, what is, and isn't considered a good discussion is often up for debate, and that is where we sometimes have to make a judgment call. Sometimes, after some discussion amongst the staff, deleted threads are restored. Sometimes they are moved, and sometimes they remain deleted.

BB&G...
Andrus

kfaulk99...

I don't take that as a calling out, however what bothers me about these types of responses is the assumption that it was deleted due to ____ <--- enter reason here, having something to do with staff moderation. As it turns out, in this case, and is often the case, it is my understanding that the OP deleted his own thread. The reason was because it had headed way off-track. The OP happened to be a Mod and hard deleted it, so the rest of the staff did not see any visual evidence of what had happened to it. However, we have the ability to look through the moderation logs and determine which mod hard deleted a thread. That part takes a little time.

Many of us, myself included, have a bad habit of not awaiting the facts. Why? I guess because we're just suspicious minded in nature... and of course, waiting on the facts can really screw up a good conspiracy theory :hihi:

I will say this... At times, we do lock threads because there are too many bad posts to moderate, and the discussion has deteriorated beyond repair.

I want to make two points:

*You can never assume that a thread deletion was performed by a staff member, and not the OP.

*The mods ARE instructed to let reasonable discussions stand, and instead moderate individual posts. However, what is, and isn't considered a good discussion is often up for debate, and that is where we sometimes have to make a judgment call. Sometimes, after some discussion amongst the staff, deleted threads are restored. Sometimes they are moved, and sometimes they remain deleted.

BB&G...
Andrus

Oh, no problem, I get it...I even thought about it being the OP, that's why I was sure to say I didn't know what happened.

You guys do a great job and have since I've been here, which has been awhile now.

It was just frustrating to click to page 2 only to have it go poof, ya know?

Sorry if I insinuated anything, because I truly did not know.

Oh, no problem, I get it...I even thought about it being the OP, that's why I was sure to say I didn't know what happened.

You guys do a great job and have since I've been here, which has been awhile now.

It was just frustrating to click to page 2 only to have it go poof, ya know?

Sorry if I insinuated anything, because I truly did not know.

No problem! :) You're a good guy, and I understand where you were coming from. It was one of those things where I was just taking an opportunity to get a point across to the masses because we see a LOT of that type of reaction to thread deletions..

No problem! :) You're a good guy, and I understand where you were coming from. It was one of those things where I was just taking an opportunity to get a point across to the masses because we see a LOT of that type of reaction to thread deletions..

In other news, KFaulk99 has gone missing. Neighbors reported "little people" with baseball bats walking into his house wearing Saints garb and chanting the words, "we are the mods."

Thanks for clarifying Andrus and Joe. I was just wondering if someone had posted or said something inappropriate.

Like in Football, we call this "A Teaching Moment."

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom