What happens now? James Harrison admits Mike Tomlin "handed him an envelope" after a big hit (update: Payton comments) [Merged] (1 Viewer)

Last edited:
This really doesn't bother me actually. I just like to always point out the hypocrisy of the NFL and to the opposing fan minions who always use bounty gate against us as if every team didn't in some shape or form encourage their players to "knock guys out".

I personally know a former running backs coach of another franchise. When the Payton ruling came down, he told me that they had to stop doing their program and let the players handle it their selves.

Good. Rewards for big hits. Pretty normal stuff I would think. Anything to give the NFL Brass headaches I am all for.

I really don't think anything is going to happen. Might be some good talking point on radio and some of our local guys will weight in but to see any action from the league is highly unlikely. The only thing I am still waiting on with the fake bounty gate is the evidence presented. Till this day, I haven't heard or see anything that gave the league the impression we were running a bounty program. The only evidences I have heard are typical pay for performance or a recording of some pregame prep talk. And really I am not even upset by this, even if the league ignores it. Just give us, the fans, all the evidences or proofs during that time.

Last edited:
The ABSOLUTE railroading that the Saints got from the NFL was one of the greatest travesties in sports history. I nearly gave up on the league after that. I am a die hard NFL fan, my wife loves the Saints, I am an NFL fan above all other sports, it is not even close. The goons in NYC took it out on the Saints for cover during the concussion lawsuits, they would NEVER have done this to one of the "favored" franchises. The Patriots complain about being persecuted but they got nothing compared to the Saints. They gutted this team and the team came back, then they gutted us again with their Refs. This league is still a joke, I guess I am too far gone to give up, but I teeter on the knife edge with the NFL and I could easily go off the other side.

DO SOMETHING ABOUT THIS NFL!

You bunch of hypocrites. Oh wait, it was the Steelers....nothing to see here, just move along.

Hurting a player vs injuring a player. Trying to knock a guy out of the game should be the goal on every hit. If it happens that's a win for my team and if my coach wants to reward me for it well...cool.

Going out and purposely trying to take a guys head off with an illegal helmet to helmet shot or twisting his ankle etc is fallacy.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom