What happens now? James Harrison admits Mike Tomlin "handed him an envelope" after a big hit (update: Payton comments) [Merged] (1 Viewer)

I personally know a former running backs coach of another franchise. When the Payton ruling came down, he told me that they had to stop doing their program and let the players handle it their selves.
My buddy who used to work for the Ravens (he’s no longer with us), said that they instantly “walked a fine line”. Wouldn’t go into details, but definitely said that we were not the only team that was doing anything iffy. Also said we were made the poster child for bounties. He didn’t know if we had pay for play or pay for injury though. He would also joke, saying “you guys got a title” so don’t be too upset about it.

Unless there is a solid and unbiased investigation with damning evidence nothing will come from this.

We all know that the Saints were intentionally gutted by the NFL so they could save face in the middle of the concussion lawsuit event!!

You don't seem to agree. I think a lot of fans still feel this way. I really don't want to restart a discussion after so many years already. But I would like know why it seems to you don't like Payton's response.

I’m still bitter about Bountygate and I want to hear Payton’s side...when he’s not in the midst of a Super Bowl Hunt.He does this too often and its going to end up biting us.

Unless there is a solid and unbiased investigation with damning evidence nothing will come from this.

We all know that the Saints were intentionally gutted by the NFL so they could save face in the middle of the concussion lawsuit event!!
A player of his admitted it. That's as damning as it gets.

I’m still bitter about Bountygate and I want to hear Payton’s side...when he’s not in the midst of a Super Bowl Hunt.He does this too often and its going to end up biting us.

He didn’t bring it up. James Harrison did. For Payton to give no comment when asked about it, that would be appeasement imo.

A player of his admitted it. That's as damning as it gets.

And as I said unless there is actual proof that this incident took place nothing is going to happen.

Just because a player says it happened all Tomlin has to do is deny it and it comes down to one mans word against another man.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom