What happens to Reggie when Mike Bell returns? (1 Viewer)

Jackson

Very Banned
Reaction score
Man, I'm about as big a Reggie guy as there is, but even I have to admit that it would seem silly to keep forcing him into the game with a healthy Mike Bell and Pierre Thomas available.

PT has been so good that I suppose a case could be made to keep him as the primary back, but from what we've seen so far this year I'd argue for:

1st down: Bell
2nd down: Bell and Thomas split equally
3rd Down: Thomas mostly - a little Reggie

I would not be shocked to see Reggie's playing time be greatly diminished once we have a full stable of backs again.

Bottom line is that Reggie will almost certainly not be back next year unless he agrees to a MASSIVE pay cut.

Reggie is the 3rd down back and continued to get in as such even after the fumble.

So to answer your question, nothing will happen to him.

sad but true maybe... I love me some Reggie highlights...but he just seems to have lost all of his confidence this year. I wish and hope he gets it back though because he has the talent...yadada

Man, I'm about as big a Reggie guy as there is, but even I have to admit that it would seem silly to keep forcing him into the game with a healthy Mike Bell and Pierre Thomas available.

PT has been so good that I suppose a case could be made to keep him as the primary back, but from what we've seen so far this year I'd argue for:

1st down: Bell
2nd down: Bell and Thomas split equally
3rd Down: Thomas mostly - a little Reggie

I would not be shocked to see Reggie's playing time be greatly diminished once we have a full stable of backs again.

Bottom line is that Reggie will almost certainly not be back next year unless he agrees to a MASSIVE pay cut.

first off. WHY WOULD HE NOT BE BACK NEXT YEAR!?!?! HE SIGNED A 6 YEAR CONTRACT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! get the facts before you post your little hearts out!!!

sorry.

Now, as for the running back position. Pierre Thomas has looked, IMO, a lot better than Mike Bell. Reggie Bush is hitting holes like never before. Infact, he had 6.2 ypc against the Jets. Not bad, right? Anyhow, this is my RB situations.

1st down and 10: Reggie bush (looking for a big play or atleast a couple yards to make it easier for the recievers)
2nd down and 4: Pierre Thomas
2nd down and 1: Mike Bell
2nd down and 8: Reggie Bush (this is a passing situation, possibly a RB draw to reggie to get it to hopefully around 3rd and 4 or 3rd and 3)
3 down and 1: Mike Bell or Pierre Thomas

Now as for 4th and 1's or goalline situations. It will more than likely be Bell, just because of his ability to move a defense. For anyone who thinks Mike Bell is a better running back than Pierre, you are crazy. If you think Mike Bell is more valuable than Reggie Bush, you're crazy. You are intitled to your own opinion, but on the other hand I am intitled to call you a nutcase.

I don't see any changes in his role. I see another option opening up though.

Reggie is the 3rd down back and continued to get in as such even after the fumble.

So to answer your question, nothing will happen to him.

I don't think that it's so cut and dry my man.

Pierre has the versatility to fill in nicely on the 3rd down role, and Mike Bell is a bit more of a hoss for 1st down and 2nd and short.

first off. WHY WOULD HE NOT BE BACK NEXT YEAR!?!?! HE SIGNED A 6 YEAR CONTRACT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! get the facts before you post your little hearts out!!!

Reggie's cap figure will be $13.5 Million next year so maybe you should get your facts before you post in all caps.

Reggie will be cut or he will restructure. End of story.

Edit to add: Here's Jeff Duncan (before the season and the emergence of Bell) addressing how Bush's salary will push him to the front burner this offseason as far as a difficult decision for the Saints front office: http://www.cbssports.com/mcc/messages/chrono/16600073

neither Bell or Thomas will have any effect with Bush's role on this team. Bush is going to to continue to get his touches.

Ummmm..... Reggie's cap figure will be $13.5 Million next year so maybe you should get your facts before you post in all caps.

couldnt agree more...reggie bush is a liability for this team...so far this year his TO's have cost the teams 14 points, we are lucky that we had a comfortable lead when he had those TO's otherwise all of of the crescent city would be yelling for his head...unless he accepts a 60 to 70 percent paycut...he will be shopped in the offseason if not sooner

neither Bell or Thomas will have any effect with Bush's role on this team. Bush is going to to continue to get his touches.

Last season Pierre was significantly reducing Reggie's touches all by himself. Now when you add Mike Bell to the mix it seems silly for people to matter of factly say that theres no way Reggie will lose touches.

couldnt agree more...reggie bush is a liability for this team...so far this year his TO's have cost the teams 14 points, we are lucky that we had a comfortable lead when he had those TO's otherwise all of of the crescent city would be yelling for his head...unless he accepts a 60 to 70 percent paycut...he will be shopped in the offseason if not sooner

NO. Reggie is a great asset the passing and running game. He opens things up for others. Any wonder our passing game has been suffering ....it's because reggie isn't in the flat or faking a reverse as much....

Ummmm..... Reggie's cap figure will be $13.5 Million next year so maybe you should get your facts before you post in all caps.

Hahaha, you really think that the New Orleans Saints are going to cut Reggie Bush next year? That is the biggest crock of **** i've ever heard in my life.

http://www.nola.com/news/t-p/frontpage/index.ssf?/base/news-6/115424575165960.xml&coll=1

check that link, it shows his deal and structure sir. What is in the water in So Cal. You just need to admit that you are a reggie bush hater. You cheer him when is scoring touchdowns, and boo'ing him when he is dropping balls. You're not a real fan, sir. You are a fool if you think that Sean Payton is going to cut his homerun hitter because of his contract. Even if you cut him, you still have to pay him. You need to read instead of just posting crap without knowing the information. You make the REAL saints fans look bad.

Also, did you forget that last year, before Reggie got hurt, he led the NATIONAL FOOTBALL LEAGUE in receptions, yards and touchdowns? Probably not, you probably just started watching after the Eagles game. Thanks for trying, next time find someone who doesn't know what the **** he is talking about.

Hahaha, you really think that the New Orleans Saints are going to cut Reggie Bush next year? That is the biggest crock of **** i've ever heard in my life.

check that link, it shows his deal and structure sir. What is in the water in So Cal. You just need to admit that you are a reggie bush hater. You cheer him when is scoring touchdowns, and boo'ing him when he is dropping balls. You're not a real fan, sir. You are a fool if you think that Sean Payton is going to cut his homerun hitter because of his contract. Even if you cut him, you still have to pay him. You need to read instead of just posting crap without knowing the information. You make the REAL saints fans look bad.

Wow.

The funny part is that the computer I'm typing this on is located directly underneath my Reggie Bush fathead :smilielol:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom