What happens with Taysom Hill (1 Viewer)

In hindsight, the contract seems to basically be insurance given the timing.

The late season timing was always the thing that jumped out the most. Maybe Payton tells Loomis about his "uncertainty" and Loomis panic buys.

What top FA QB wants to come to a Sean Payton-less Saints? Seriously? You'll either have to draft or hope Winston doesn't hard ball you. Winston might not even want to come back. Either way, Hill 's contract looks like insuraunce.

Last edited:
What matters is how bad is his foot? If he comes back 100%, no way we let him escape. And nobody is going to poach him as a #1 QB anyway. His days as a potential QB starter are done. I hope he fully recovers and comes back as the Swiss army guy.

In hindsight, the contract seems to basically be insurance given the timing.

The late season timing was always the thing that jumped out the most. Maybe Payton tells Loomis about his "uncertainty" and Loomis panic buys.

What top FA QB wants to come to a Sean Payton-less Saints? Seriously? You'll either have to draft or hope Winston doesn't hard ball you. Winston might not even want to come back. Either way, Hill 's contract looks like insuraunce.

If we are going full rebuild mode, and clearing the cap. Who cares if a guy who puts up backup QB numbers stays, or goes? You guys act like getting a guy with Taysom's middling level of production can't be replicated.

If we are going full rebuild mode, and clearing the cap. Who cares if a guy who puts up backup QB numbers stays, or goes? You guys act like getting a guy with Taysom's middling level of production can't be replicated.
I'm not a Taysom stan lol I agree on his talent level but his contract kind of locks him in and fits the description.

He is way to expensive

Now there won’t even be plays called for him…

Total waste of cap
we have a winner, here folks. did CSP leave a wake of fool's gold behind him?? hmm. i may only get 50 clowns for this instead of 100 when I mentioned his JV level 2 point conversions. and now he is gone. must feel like a jilted lover. it's business. keep it moving

You state that like it’s a slight or insult, but Taysom Hill is a great “football player”!

I don’t get the bashing of Taysom Hill after the Payton retirement news?!?

Taysom Hill is good man! He can help an offense in so many different ways! He’s a very unique and valuable weapon!

The only question moving forward, is if the new HC knows how to use Taysom Hill to maximize his ultimate ability.

His role may change… and he may focus on a primary position moving forward, or he could continue in his current Swiss Army role, or even be chosen as the QB!
Oh, and he can also contribute on STs if needed, and be a key member.

The big incentives only kick in if Taysom Hill is the starting QB… and if he hits any of those incentives, it’s nothing but a good thing, because it will mean he’s successful.

It was not an insult at all. It was at worst he's a x factor football player at $12M/yr at best he's our starting QB on an affordable contract. The hate for him is sickening and it's even worse now that CSP has stepped down.

Sometimes in life you have to cut your loses. To keep someone just because they are a big cap hit is a sunken cost fallacy. If a player doesnt fit a new regimes plans they will be gone anyway.

Makes no difference in grand scheme of things if a player get paid alot to play a little or just flat out released. A new coach is more interested in finding players that fit thier vision versus what someones contract is.

The hate is strong in this thread. In the playoff loss a year ago against the Vikings, Taysom was the best player on the field that day. Against Atlanta before his injury, he was throwing lasers, with mallet finger. The guy obviously improved with every start he got at QB and had a winning record. There's absolutely zero reason for people to be spitting this type of vitriol for a guy that goes out and does whatever is asked of him. Do I think he's capable of being an all-pro QB? Not at all, but he can be serviceable. He can be our starter while we groom a replacement should we draft a QB this year and he's a guy that knows Carmichael's offense and we might just find ourself with a playoff team.
I'm ashamed of how some of you are acting towards this ultimate team player that we have.

Payton leaving might be the best thing that ever happened to Taysom Hill, or his legacy at least. No HC coming in has any illusions or history or a handshake agreement to allow him to chase the qb spot through another training camp. Someone new can play him as they see fit, and not as a QB project. Either way, his contract is going to be an issue before he sees the field again.

Hill can be a game changer, but he should be the 3rd qb and the 1st string joker. He needs to be on the field doing football player things. Not as an every down qb.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom