What happens with this year's extra salary cap room? (1 Viewer)

Twags14

Pro-Bowler
Reaction score
The Brees extension gave us an extra $13M in cap space this year. Is the team planning on going after a big name via trade? Do we convert some future salary into this year? I got a hunch we're going after a big name stud on defense.

The Brees extension gave us an extra $13M in cap space this year. Is the team planning on going after a big name via trade? Do we convert some future salary into this year? I got a hunch we're going after a big name stud on defense.

I'm not sure when the trade deadline is but they might wait and see what happens before then.

Who is even gettable? Which big draft pick was at a position his team was stacked in?

Can't help but feel the Jets come into play. I've always felt that. Even though they just extended Wilkerson. But they also have Sheldon Richardson and Leonard Williams someday will get big bucks...

Re-sign Finnegan for additional depth and roll the rest over to next year barring injury.

Who is even gettable? Which big draft pick was at a position his team was stacked in?

Can't help but feel the Jets come into play. I've always felt that. Even though they just extended Wilkerson. But they also have Sheldon Richardson and Leonard Williams someday will get big bucks...

I was thinking the same. Not sure who else is out there. It's hard not to feel that the organization is trying to get into a "win now" mode with a short Brees window.

You can roll over some cap room, but I think its max 5%. Plus there is a salary floor of I think 95% and I believe if you are below it, you essentially have to pay contracted players extra money so that the total compensation paid out will put you above the floor.

what is this extra money you talk about? Earlier this year it was made crystal clear we were completely screwed on cap space.

Loomis doing his thang. I'd like to see his personal check book sometime. I'm guessing it has a lot of arrows drawn into it pointing from 1 line to another and most of the numbers have been marked out and adjusted to a higher number.

Loomis orders from the $1 menu at McDonalds but only pays 37 cents.

What baffles me is why this move couldn't have been done in March or even in July or even two weeks ago when a guy like josh sitton was sittin there to be signed
But we were easily outbid by the Bears.

The FO is too reactive. They never get out ahead of the problem.

Could restructure some deals putting more in to this season to lessen next years cap number?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom