What has Reggie Bush really done? (1 Viewer)

ronno1

Reaction score
Well...lets see...if I remeber right, at the beginning of the season Reggie was pegged to be a decoy...to be used as a dangerous threat that would keep defenses on their toes. Since that is exactly what has been happening, can somebody tell me what the deal is with not only giving Reggie so much grief over his lack of rushing production, but what appears to be the total lack of every analyst out there to credit his very presence with helping the Saints be 3rd in the leauge in passing as well as 7th in the leauge in total offense with only 32 yards seperating 7th from 1st. Drew brees is 4th in the leauge in passing and colston is 4th in the leauge in receiving. Oh and just as a side note..Reggie Bush is 7th in the leauge in receptions. Does anyone else besides me think that those offensive stats might not be what they are and in turn meaning our season would not be what it has been so far without Reggie Bush. Reggie Bush may not have the best personal stats in the leauge..although 7th in receiving aint to shabby...but without his threat and presence on the field we are not the team that is 6-2 either. 1 more thing. When Reggie finally does bust one wide open as he no doubt will, the wheels on the bandwagon will shatter under the strain of the ESPN, FOX, and all of the other analysts fighting to get on board so that they can tell the world how "they never doubted...not for 1 darn second"!!

what are his jerseyz sales like? and why did they remove the thrill billboard from poydras st

Read the board and it is obvious why it is a topic.........no media (sports anyway) outlet in thier right mind would ignore this angle since it is already getting this much attention on it's own. That would be like asking them to do a segment w/o mentioning TO.

no doubt hes helped open up this offense, but to say we wouldnt be 6-2 without bush is really selling payton, brees, colston, horn, mcallister, the oline, defense and all the other contributors to this team way too short.

i can see how people expect more from him with all the talent and hype he garners. i expected more from him than this. as a saints fan, i wanted him to come in and go nuts! i shudder to think what this team would be if he even met half of the hype. we would be undefeated.;) but i also know hes a rookie and itll take time now for him to get it, and thats fine. we have a few more years to look forward to.....

right now brees and payton are the keys to this team. if we had brooks and haslett, it wouldnt matter if we had if we had 5 reggies.

I posted in here, but didn't address the subject... and I won't. :p

"right now brees and payton are the keys to this team. if we had brooks and haslett, it wouldnt matter if we had if we had 5 reggies."

Well said, especially when you don't even have to speculate that much since we had Deuce and Ricky and got nowhere.

what appears to be the total lack of every analyst out there to credit his very presence with helping the Saints be 3rd in the leauge in passing as well as 7th in the leauge in total offense with only 32 yards seperating 7th from 1st.

Seems to me that the game announcers from just about every game have credited Bush's presence on the field as an advantage.

reggie is not the only reason we are 6-2 but he gives the other teams deffense a distraction they don't wanna be the team that reggie goes wild on and yes i think without brees and payton the saints would not be 6-2 with payton alone it brings out the best in horn and deuce and the whole team he makes them believe that they can win every game as long as they play the whole 60 mins the whole team and the coaching staff is why we are 6-2

and also cause of buddy d looking down on us
\

I see the Bears were 4-10 in Walter's 1st year, so a bad team might have also contributed.

Even so, I see the Bears managed to beat the Saints 42-17 the last game of the 1975 season, with Walter getting 134 yards rushing (about 1/5 of his year's total.) Take away getting to play the Saints, Walter's 1st year is even worse. Maybe Reggie just needs to play a Saints like team to get on track. Glad to see the Saints played integral part in getting all time rushing leader on path to glory. From then on, his stats were great.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom