Question What have you learned from all this? (1 Viewer)

that my dogs are even lazier than i am. one of them was laying belly up, sunbathing, other two start barking, and he chimes in... still sunbathing. my little killer.
Man, this is so true. Every time I walk through the house they are sleeping. Then, they hear something and wake up like they are about to save the world.

Seems normal to me. I play video games and watch movies with my kids.

I haven't grown up either. :hihi:
I wish, at times, I were a gamer. I just don't have whatever gene is needed to play video games. It would result in some great times with my son though. It carries over to movies as well. I literally have to watch a movie 3 or 4 times to get it. My wife and son can get totally lost in a movie. You can literally yell at them and they are like "what?!" Oh nothing, just me, the guy who can't focus bothering those who can!!

I wish, at times, I were a gamer. I just don't have whatever gene is needed to play video games. It would result in some great times with my son though. It carries over to movies as well. I literally have to watch a movie 3 or 4 times to get it. My wife and son can get totally lost in a movie. You can literally yell at them and they are like "what?!" Oh nothing, just me, the guy who can't focus bothering those who can!!

Lol, true. All 4 of my kids are wired differently. So I understand where you're coming from. My 2 girls are watching the MCU saga from beginning to end. We are on Thor right now. But, they get so distracted. I'll be into the movie, and have to put up with them taking a break every 10 minutes, lol. My boys are too busy playing LOL and other games with their friends on the PC. No interest in movies right now for them.

We're cooking a lot more since we started staying at home. It's so different. I've always been a bit of a homebody, so this actually hasn't been bad at all.

If I were single, I'd be going crazy though. My family is a lot of my life. Hard to imagine going through this without them.

I have learned I enjoy baking bread

I actually work fairly well from home (I really did not think I had it in me)

I miss going in to lab

I have not eaten better in a VERY long time (having a deconstructed meatball sub as I type this)!! This WFH really gives me a lot more time to prepare good food.

We're lazy. We subconsciously want other people to tell us what to think. And then once someone does, we just want people to hear us talk, we don't want to listen with comprehension. I'm guilty of it, too, but I do really want to understand other perspectives. It's exhausting but I'm not afraid of finding commonalty even in differing opinions.
It might be laziness, it might be inertia
But there’s always a push and pull between dynamism (change) and stability
- so now we are a clan of nomads who have noticed that the food we are chasing is gone
Some of the clan is like, ‘alright, until we figure this out, let’s grab some berries and head to those caves’
Others are like ‘we’ve always been nomads, nomadicism has gotten us to where we are today - so let’s keep walking and trust that we’ll find game again like we always do’
The randomness of life tells us that both sides could be ‘right’ and could be ‘wrong’ and something like chaos theory is really ultimately explains which side ‘won’
But for the clan the only questions/answers are ‘are there enough berries’ vs ‘did we find animals’

So I think what happened in Florida and will happen soon in tx & ga, is the nomads confronted the range of their tolerance for setting and want to take action before they are forced to adapt (change their thinking/habit, etc)

Katrina had the impact it did bc we were all forced to reprogram ourselves just bc the crisis went on well past our comfort window

That generally speaking the general population overestimates their own health. I've got friends/acquaintances who have said that they're not worried about the virus. And a few of these have serious co-morbidities that would put them well into the risk group. Heavy smokers/drinkers, morbidly obese, asthmatics who need CPAP machines, etc.

I'm not sure what the general perception of "a healthy person" is anymore.

I've also noticed that the healthier people I know seem to be the ones who take the virus more seriously than others. But that's anecdotal, and possibly a rabbit hole, so I'll leave it at that.

Last edited:
That generally speaking the general population overestimates their own health. I've got friends/acquaintances who have said that they're not worried about the virus. And a few of these have serious co-morbidities that would put them well into the risk group. Heavy smokers/drinkers, morbidly obese, asthmatics who need CPAP machines, etc.

I'm not sure what the general perception of "a healthy person" is anymore - but what I consider "healthy" is definitely a higher standard than most, it seems.

I've also noticed that the healthier people I know seem to be the ones who take the virus more seriously than others. But that's anecdotal, and possibly a rabbit hole, so I'll leave it at that.
Boy, do I agree with this. I'm one of those "not worried", but I also don't say that as I'm smoking a pack of cigarettes (or more) a day while drinking a 6 pack of beer unaware of how much sugar is in the food I'm eating and regularly working in an environment that would place me around a lot of other high-risk carriers (hospital, doctor's office, schools). So, yeah, I don't blame people for not believing me when I say that; because I have the same disbelief with people who I know are ingesting -- or should be -- a lot of pharmaceuticals to manage things that could be controlled with a better diet and lifestyle.

Last edited:
Boy, do I agree with this. I'm one of those "not worried", but I also don't say that as I'm smoking a pack of cigarettes (or more) a day while drinking a 6 pack of beer unaware of how much sugar is in the food I'm eating and regularly working in an environment that would place me around a lot of other high-risk carriers (hospital, doctor's office, schools). So, yeah, I don't blame people for believing me when I say that; because I have the same disbelief when people who I know are ingesting -- or should be -- a lot of pharmaceuticals to manage things that could be controlled with a better diet and lifestyle.
like meth

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom