Question What have you learned from all this? (1 Viewer)

jasonsw

VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Post any answer you feel. It could be smart arse, funny, off topic or sincere.

Since im not good at being funny or sarcastic I'll do a sincere one.

For me I've learned and made an effort to enjoy and appreciate the small things in life even more and show more love to those who are important to me.

Well, I think we will learn much (i.e., gain new perspectives) as we go on; but I've learned now how maybe not "essential" but how "important" bars and restaurants and gatherings of people are. I've been an avowed crowd hater (has that saved my life?) and can manage to entertain myself solitarily without bitterness, but only the most hardcore hermit or agoraphobe doesn't need to occasionally encounter other flesh and blood people.

People's inability to form their own opinions has always been mankind's biggest Achilles' heel.
We're lazy. We subconsciously want other people to tell us what to think. And then once someone does, we just want people to hear us talk, we don't want to listen with comprehension. I'm guilty of it, too, but I do really want to understand other perspectives. It's exhausting but I'm not afraid of finding commonalty even in differing opinions.

We're lazy. We subconsciously want other people to tell us what to think. And then once someone does, we just want people to hear us talk, we don't want to listen with comprehension. I'm guilty of it, too, but I do really want to understand other perspectives. It's exhausting but I'm not afraid of finding commonalty even in differing opinions.

huh? i wasnt paying attention

I guess the most prominent things I've learned are:

1.) I need to tip my barber more (whenever they open back up).

2.) I should have bought stock in home improvement stores, eBay and even the USPS (if possible). Had to venture to the Homey Depot and the Post Office today and apparently everyone stuck at home is selling off all their worldly possessions via eBay and then using the cash for home improvement projects.

3.) Masks and gloves are no longer just for thieves, kidnappers and killers. (Maybe OJ should demand a retrial, stating that he is psychic and was working to head off a potentially deadly virus that would hit us in the future?). Used to be that stores wouldn't let you in if you had a mask on. Now, they won't let you in if you don't.

4.) Apparently every man, woman and child on the internet are virology and epidemiology experts. Who knew? I cannot believe we don't have a better handle on this virus with all this brainpower available to us via the web and social media.
?:run:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom