Question What have you learned from all this? (1 Viewer)

I’ve always acknowledged my lack of maturity, but how in the hell was I allowed to get married and have two kids?
My son and I have terrorized the neighborhood and my daughter and I have boobie-trapped our entire home.
:jpshakehead:

Seems normal to me. I play video games and watch movies with my kids.

I haven't grown up either. :hihi:

I learned that I really like Scotch with just a small piece of ice per 1 1/2 oz. serving.

I've also learned that I really don't require contact with humans that are not my wife or my daughter.
except wdf.

That going to the office is a total waste of time. Sounds like management may realize that as well.

That I really don’t require any contact with other people. It’s really just been me and my dog for 6 weeks now, and I’d be fine continuing.

That closing on a house weeks before a total lockdown is less than optimal. I’m using an empty TV box as a table in my foyer.

That a daily nap is awesome.

1)The mask thing could kind of grow on me. I was always afraid of society walking around in masks because crime would become rampant but so far we seem to be civil human beings as a whole.

2) Even though i know the differences in how they chew food, I’ve grown closer to my wife and young kids. Actually going to be weird going back to the day care/ school routine.

3) I am going to teach my kids to make sure whatever they do in life to make sure it is “ essential” for times like this. I graduated college during the bank fallouts, so i already did that to make sure i didn’t have to go through that again

That I miss going to the gym. I like the interaction with others who show up at 6am because if it don't happen in the morning, it don't happen. Picking up and putting down heavy weights is its own from of catharsis, and I always feel better for having completed another workout.

That my wife, 18 year-old son and 7 year-old daughter are made of stern stuff. They've been doing the quarantine thing since schools closed over a month ago. I may be quarantined with them for 2 weeks and it's going to take all I have to not go bug****.

I enjoy my work, and I don't like it when circumstances force me to not go in. In this case, it's that my wife almost certainly has COVID, and I'm going to be home for 2 weeks to be a caretaker.

The weather around here sucks this year. Lows in the low 40's, highs in the upper 50's most days with no end in sight. Too much rain and wind. Give me 70 and sunny and I may pull this off.

need to occasionally encounter other flesh

At the risk of being like a certain dog we all know....are you sure that is the wording you want to go with? j/k

Given my recent past, I see a number of changes in myself and others which leads me to believe that we will all approach things much differently than we would have continued to do if the virus hadn't changed things. Personally I had made many changes over the past couple of years that line up with what others are changing now. If anything, the virus exposed and magnified things - both good and bad - that we all should have known about before.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom