What Hill can do with current roster (1 Viewer)

Yeah...I'm really getting ripped for that comment. I just haven't seen TS throw one in a long time so maybe I just forgot and only know that, like you said, Taysom at least has the arm strength (and mobility behind a shaky line) to hopefully stretch the defense a little
In my honest opinion… Taysom Hill would’ve had a much better chance at winning the starting QB job during TC and the preseason, if he actually used his scrambling/running ability!!! He was so intent on proving to everyone that he was a drop-back passer, that he hamstrung himself and eliminated what really makes him special!

Taysom has more arm strength… that’s undeniable… Siemian has better timing though, no doubt
Taysom waits till there is separation between the WR and DB. That is way to late to throw the ball. Taysom has been a repeat offender of this. You have to let the ball fly when they are side by side. If they are equal, WR has already beat his man. Jamies put on a clinic , on how to throw the deep ball. Siemian throws a better long ball than Tyasom, everyday and twice on Tuesday.

The only long ball I can recall him ever completing was the the one to Harris and it was saved only because Harris adjusted his route and came back for it. I really think you guys are getting ahead of your skis on this Taysom at QB thing.

Taysom waits till there is separation between the WR and DB. That is way to late to throw the ball. Taysom has been a repeat offender of this. You have to let the ball fly when they are side by side. If they are equal, WR has already beat his man. Jamies put on a clinic , on how to throw the deep ball. Siemian throws a better long ball than Tyasom, everyday and twice on Tuesday.

The only long ball I can recall him ever completing was the the one to Harris and it was saved only because Harris adjusted his route and came back for it. I really think you guys are getting ahead of your skis on this Taysom at QB thing.
I don’t disagree with anything you stated above… save the last sentence.

You’re absolutely right though in that Taysom waits too long to throw the deep ball… and that needs to improve (period)

Taysom has only had 4 career NFL starts/games as the QB though. He also improved just about every game he played as the full time QB… and even though he lost his last start @ Philly, he threw pretty well, and it was a costly fumble and defense getting owned by Hurts/Sanders that lost that game.

I think Hill has the capability to learn to anticipate his throws better though… and you clearly do not.

and even though he lost his last start @ Philly, he threw pretty well, and it was a costly fumble and defense getting owned by Hurts/Sanders that lost that game.
Don't forget about the 4th down play where Hill took a sack and fumbled because he couldn't see CGM wide open for a first down. That factored heavily into the loss.

In my honest opinion… Taysom Hill would’ve had a much better chance at winning the starting QB job during TC and the preseason, if he actually used his scrambling/running ability!!! He was so intent on proving to everyone that he was a drop-back passer, that he hamstrung himself and eliminated what really makes him special!
He has to be able to master both. All of the successful scrambling QBs mastered both. Steve Young is in the HOF because of this. I could be wrong, but I believe that this is why he lost that opportunity, not because he didn’t use his scrambling abilities.

Every other rookie has played (outside of K.Baker). Young started at left tackle vs the eagles, he didn't have to wait three years to learn the offense.
The learning curve at QB is much more prodigious than those other positions.

Think about it, outside of Colston, Cooks, and Thomas the Saints have never had a WR start as a rookie during the Payton era, because of how complicated the passing game scheme is. It’s even harder to master the QB playbook.

Book goes out there and gets destroyed because he ain’t ready and nobody benefits in the short or long term.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom