What Hokie said........ (1 Viewer)

MamaRoux

Veteran
Reaction score
Listened to the entire post game show and call-ins, one point came out about Reggie we should all consider and even appreciate!

Reggie's got something very special about him as a playmaker but what he does NOT have is the lower body strength of a Deuce or even a Dalton. Hokie mentioned Reggie's thighs just aren't that big as the likes of some of the real power runners who do bust the gut and drive a pile for extra yards. We can't expect that out of Reggie or should we.

Reggie brings an explosiveness and , IMHO, his confidence just needs a little goose and it's GAME ON! I'm a fan and I love having #25 to go to. He does, however, need to feel more comfortable on the punt returns. He looks unsure over the last three games and that's not like him! Just catch it and GEAUX Reggie! We dig your style, moves and shear speed! GEAUX out and simply USE them!

GEAUX SAINTS GEAUX!

I re-watched the Buffalo game this morning and Reggie hit the hole hard in the running game in the first half. I can honestly say that he's figured it out. If you go back and watch the first 3 drives, there was absolutely no hesitation and/or dancing around. It really is giving me hope about his future. Just keep that style of running up Reggie. Your time will come.

Listened to the entire post game show and call-ins, one point came out about Reggie we should all consider and even appreciate!

Reggie's got something very special about him as a playmaker but what he does NOT have is the lower body strength of a Deuce or even a Dalton. Hokie mentioned Reggie's thighs just aren't that big as the likes of some of the real power runners who do bust the gut and drive a pile for extra yards. We can't expect that out of Reggie or should we.

Reggie brings an explosiveness and , IMHO, his confidence just needs a little goose and it's GAME ON! I'm a fan and I love having #25 to go to. He does, however, need to feel more comfortable on the punt returns. He looks unsure over the last three games and that's not like him! Just catch it and GEAUX Reggie! We dig your style, moves and shear speed! GEAUX out and simply USE them!

GEAUX SAINTS GEAUX!

He's uncomfortable and unsure of where to go on punt returns because our blocking on the returns have been below average. If there was a seam, do you think Reggie would pass it up? I don't. I guess the only way to 100% know what he could have done is to have the Coach's tape so we could see the returns develop, but we don't. I have a hard time believing Reggie is hesitating when there's no need to.

He's proven he can find the seam on punt returns if there's one there. I can see him breaking one really soon. Each year the return units are different, maybe this years unit is just taking a little time to gel. Either way, he gets the benefit of the doubt when it comes to returns from me.

He's uncomfortable and unsure of where to go on punt returns because our blocking on the returns have been below average. If there was a seam, do you think Reggie would pass it up? I don't. I guess the only way to 100% know what he could have done is to have the Coach's tape so we could see the returns develop, but we don't. I have a hard time believing Reggie is hesitating when there's no need to.

He's proven he can find the seam on punt returns if there's one there. I can see him breaking one really soon. Each year the return units are different, maybe this years unit is just taking a little time to gel. Either way, he gets the benefit of the doubt when it comes to returns from me.

I have to agree! The Sp. Teams is a conglomerate of players who need Bobby April style coaching to turn it into a constant threat for Reggie. I'd say, Hey Coach! Coach'em Up!

Hokie is wrong. Reggie's legs are very strong. For some reason, Reggie doesn't keep his legs moving after contact. When he does, the pile moves. Maybe he goes down to protect his knees, consciously or unconsciously. Reggie has 2 or 3 bad habits, but lack of heart and leg strength are not among them.

Ditto, ditto, ditto. This is the one aspect of this team that stood out in a GLARING way when we were at both days of the Saints/Texans camp...our special teams coverage and blocking both STINK. NO ONE had a chance to return much of anything, and even on those drills that weren't meant to be actually returned, the Texans' coverage was down there in a flash. And IMO, this issue is still present, and until it's dealt with, we likely won't see many of those great Reggie returns we saw last year.

Hokie is wrong. Reggie's legs are very strong. For some reason, Reggie doesn't keep his legs moving after contact. When he does, the pile moves. Maybe he goes down to protect his knees, consciously or unconsciously. Reggie has 2 or 3 bad habits, but lack of heart and leg strength are not among them.

Just saying, I have never met Reggie nor been closer than my TV screen to tell but compare his legs to those of say, PT or MB and while Reggies legs are very strong for his size and weight, he's no Deuce or Dalton or A. Petersen for that matter. Doesn't mean I don't love having the kid, just thought a pro analysist, who is a definite HOMER for our TEAM would have a more clear insight than I! Have you actually been with , say, 25 yards of #25 to really tell his thigh size?

He's a ROCKHARD DUDE no doubt but there is no substitute for size and weight! This Jerome Bettis or Ironhead for example.

Have you actually been with , say, 25 yards of #25 to really tell his thigh size?

No.

I've seen pictures of him in shorts, and you are right. His legs aren't massive.

However, I recall him being stood up 2 or 3 times, and he definitely has strong legs. Maybe someone else remembers him pushing the pile. His legs are not Pierre Thomas strong, but definitely Mike Bell strong. Reggie is a workout freak. I'm sure he does plenty of leg work, and it shows.

Agreed. Reggie does have strong legs, but if you watch someone square him up and get contact on him, his legs stop churning. Maybe it's his body style and his legs just collapse, I don't know. I would have to agree with what you have said because that has been my biggest criticism of him. I'm willing to bet he is one of the hardest workers in the weight room, yes even with legs. The guy is a freak, and if he kept his legs churning upon contact he would pick up more yards and get that monkey off his back.

I re-watched the Buffalo game this morning and Reggie hit the hole hard in the running game in the first half. I can honestly say that he's figured it out. If you go back and watch the first 3 drives, there was absolutely no hesitation and/or dancing around. It really is giving me hope about his future. Just keep that style of running up Reggie. Your time will come.

you are correct sir - also rewatched, reggie was getting some nice runs in 1st half

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom