What I find funny about Saints fans....... (1 Viewer)

That's funny because I recall Philadelphia blowing out the other 2 teams they faced. McNabb wouldn't have made a difference in our game, and Kobb did just fine lighting up Kansas City last week.....not to mention Philly is supposed to have a shutdown D. We blew out a Detroit team (that will get a few Ws this year) and we ran all over a Buffalo team that should have beaten New England if it wasn't for a bonehead decision on special team. 2/3 of our blowout victories came on the road.

This is the NFL. Blowouts aren't easy no matter who you play. The scores don't reflect the balance of play the Saints have now either. Without even looking up stats, all one has to do is watch the games in order to see that N.O. is more balanced than they've ever been in recent years.

Ugh. I really hope we nail the (MOD EDIT) Jets to the wall just to shut them up.

Sure, we haven't played anyone

Sure all fans say that you have seen what we got

Sure Leon whoever is better than Bush.

They talk about how delusional we are, but they sound exactly the same. It's almost comical.

Last edited by a moderator:
I love how they keep saying we haven't played anyone or should I say an offense. We've played two offenses that are better and have more playmakers than the Jets already.... "They've play Stafford and Kolb..." Yeah we killed them, and this week we do it to another nobody... So much for the most rational forum in the world. If I read the word rational or irrational one more time, I thought my head was gonna explode.

I respect their team & all, but what I'm seeing is that they're upset over there because they see us predicting
a "14 point blowout." This year, A 14 point win is no "blowout" to us... that's "escaping with a narrow victory." :hihi:

Okay, so they think their defense is all world after three games, but if we say our offense is, we're delusional. That makes sense.

Last edited:
well, a lot of what they say is true. But it's true in a lot of forums, not just this one. We're fans, we're supposed to be over the top supportive of out team. They should know that, what they say about here is exactly what you see there.

Anyway, I'm going pour myself another glass of Koolaid.

What I find funny is that they think we're happy about being 3-0 based on the teams we've beaten. Couldn't be more wrong. I haven't seen anyone here saying "Yay, we beat the Lions!!" or even "Yay, we beat the Eagles!!"

No, we're happy about being 3-0 based on the WAY OUR TEAM IS PLAYING. When you play lights out, you will be hard to beat and the rest of the wins will come no matter who you're playing.

And predicting that you'll score 30-40 pts. would only be delusional if the Saints hadn't actually yet, you know, DONE it.

If you can't be a homer on your own board, then where can you be a homer?

"Past performance is not indicative of future results!"
Then why do they keep bringing up the 2006 Ravens game which was, you know, not even THEIR past performance.

I did find it kind of funny that there were a few posts about how the Saints have played against some very green QBs in Kolb and Stafford...did they miss the memo about how long Sanchez has been in the league? I really do think Sanchez has the potential to be an elite quarterback...but not this season and not this game, I'd wager.

Can't say I blame them for being excited about their team--we all know how great 3-0 tastes, too--but I don't really get that they're calling us insufferable. I'm tempted to say something here about pots and kettles, but I don't think I need to.

Kind of makes me feel a little bad for the Eagles in all of this. Their D is being thoroughly disrespected by the Jets fans. Did they watch that game at all, and did they watch the other two games the Eagles have played? Our offense knows how to deal with a smothering defense just fine, thank you.

It is funny how message boards have changed the whole fan interaction. I was fired up about this game anyway, but having spent some time lurking on their boards, and reading what they say, I want to destroy them.

They are feeling the same way. Its just natural - I mean, on a hometeam board, the posters aren't going to always be 100% fair. You're naturally a homer and you're going to have some posts about blowouts and whatever.

It's totally natural and not a dis - but when you're for the other team and you read it, it bothers you to the core. Kinda funny actually. Even funnier when people are too wrapped up in it to recognize that it's just hometown fans talking trash. It doesn't mean anything.

Then why do they keep bringing up the 2006 Ravens game which was, you know, not even THEIR past performance.
And what's with all the Texans comparisons? We were compared to them as far as our offense and crowd noise on another Jets forum as well. I'd say we have them beat in both categories.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom