What I know (1 Viewer)

I like turtles.....

Couple fascinating things about turtles. One, they make up the fabric of the universe. It's them all the way down. One other thing, though.

In 1994, I lived in a little trailer park in Mississippi. It wasn't one of those trashy parks, it was actually kind of nice, as nice as a trailer park can be. Everyone got along, except the snakes. I'll get to that in a minute. But it was a happy place, where people actually mowed their yards and cleaned up their dog poop. Not like these newfangled parks of this generation with their broken down cars and meth labs and such. My daddy woulda whipped a meth dealer's *** if he came around.

Anyway, there was a drainage out back, behind the back door where my dad would go out and smoke.

One day a turtle appeared. He was minding his own business, eating some grass or whatever it is turtles do. My dad named him George, and spoke to him. Sadly, the turtle didn't speak back. But he kept showing up in the mornings, for weeks.

Then, one day, the city came in and cleared the overgrown weeds out of the drainages. George never was seen again near our trailer. We did have to kill some refugee moccasins though.

And that's why government cleaning crews are bad. They make smokers into lonely people.

no this is some performance art piece taking kfb's randomness with 2884's narrative style with just a soupcon ghostface's generational musings

well played - is this an mfa assignment or something?

no this is some performance art piece taking kfb's randomness with 2884's narrative style with just a soupcon ghostface's generational musings

The original post was a poke at dadsdreams anecdotes, notice the style of the quoted elephant article, although it was a little tasteless isn't it sad? with a little of the generational thing thrown in later, as you suggested but you're right. i should have included some of 2884's impenetrable running paragraph style. Im trying to emulate it here; honestly its hard because i zone out a little two or three lines into a 2884 post, leaving me with a slightly, but not completely, diminshed, understanding of the points he, unsuccessfully, tries to get across. But there you go with your abbrevations agiain just as the russians in the slovic wars during the 25th century battles with a, here unnamed, army of democracy yeah i'm not really even trying anymore now, apologies to 2884 for not doing him, justice. At least I included too many commas.

Seriously, 2884, did your mom read you Faulkner in your crib? :hihi:

i have no use for a fine arts degree which should be obvious from my avatar

and if i was going to get a masters it would be in education or mathematics

I like turtles.....

link? you better read your source before you post it, because i'll pick it apart and prove beyond a shadow of a doubt that turtles are actually your least favorite thing.

I think she meant KGB

why do you keep telling everyone what they think? show me where she said that she meant kgb

a lot of people make false assumptions about kgb and the joes and a simple GIS would prove them wrong.

so...it was bad in bosnia b/c they didn't know trig?

that's all i got

that is all you got. empty rhetoric about trig when you really don't even know what a unit circle is. understand the science first, then start making accusations about what the bosnians did or didn't do.

why do you keep telling everyone what they think? show me where she said that she meant kgb

a lot of people make false assumptions about kgb and the joes and a simple GIS would prove them wrong.

When people post stupid crap, one can only make assumptions.

She posted KFB... which is similar to KGB ( a service that tells you useless crap ). Made sense with the thread.

kUybc.png

You think that's bad?

Try going through life being named Paul S. Mourningwood.

:jpshakehead:

i have no use for a fine arts degree which should be obvious from my avatar

if you had a fine arts degree you would know that nothing is obvious

that is all you got. empty rhetoric about trig when you really don't even know what a unit circle is. understand the science first, then start making accusations about what the bosnians did or didn't do.

a bosnian unit circle or a serbian one?

It was 1996, and I was in a high school algebra class in a small town in South Mississippi. The teacher was talking about slope-intercept form, and several of my classmates were puzzled.

I thought it was easy; I couldn't understand why they didn't get it. That's when the African-American girl spoke up. She was trying to help the one-legged boy in front of her. See, the slope was 1.5 but the line never crossed the origin. It had a y-intercept of 7, and he only had five toes to count with. His dad was deployed to Bosnia, and his mother was having a tough time with it.

That's when I learned why the Bosnian war was wrong. Those were strange times, the 90's. But we all managed to get along in that little classroom, and eventually we determined that y equaled 3x+14 divided by 2.

Divided by 2. That's a lesson we should all learn.

That guy is tense. Tension is a killer. I used to be in a barbershop quartet in Skokie, Illinois. The baritone was this guy named Kip Diskin, big fat guy, I mean, like, orca fat. He was so stressed in the morning...

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom