What I know (1 Viewer)

Sarcastic

Very Banned
Reaction score
It was 1996, and I was in a high school algebra class in a small town in South Mississippi. The teacher was talking about slope-intercept form, and several of my classmates were puzzled.

I thought it was easy; I couldn't understand why they didn't get it. That's when the African-American girl spoke up. She was trying to help the one-legged boy in front of her. See, the slope was 1.5 but the line never crossed the origin. It had a y-intercept of 7, and he only had five toes to count with. His dad was deployed to Bosnia, and his mother was having a tough time with it.

That's when I learned why the Bosnian war was wrong. Those were strange times, the 90's. But we all managed to get along in that little classroom, and eventually we determined that y equaled 3x+14 divided by 2.

Divided by 2. That's a lesson we should all learn.

YAHOO! NEWS
Trainer Crushed by Elephant at Nashville Zoo
by Tim Ghianni | January 15, 2011

http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20110115/us_nm/us_zoo_death

An 8,000-pound elephant at a Tennessee zoo backed a trainer into a wall and crushed her to death, and the zoo said on Saturday it had temporarily closed its elephant exhibit.

"It's a difficult day, but our staff is very professional and they are carrying on with their duties today," said Tina Rolen, assistant director of marketing at the Knoxville, Tennessee zoo. She said the review of Friday's tragedy is continuing.

It's just like Bill Murray said: "No matter what happens tomorrow, or for the rest of my life, I'm happy now, because I love you."

Attachments

• 1.png
    1.png
    77.8 KB · Views: 223
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    26.6 KB · Views: 222
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    31.7 KB · Views: 221
I know that Aces always beat kings....

....always

Poker_GamesucDetail.png

I never said that the boy was bad off because of Bosnia. I said that the war was wrong, and he made me realize it.

Stop reading into my words and creating strawmen.

That's the problem with your generation. Your parents would have spelled out Kevin from Buffalo. Nowadays you just abbreviate. That's a sign of laziness and complacency.

2003. Broke four fingers and both thumbs fighting. Sometimes I fight too much. My fight or flight instinct is gone, all I know how to do is kill. Seriously. Anyway, I had to type a story about it on a bulletin board.

Someone was all "This dude is seriously tough, and completely awesome, and is wise beyond his years and very accepting of other people despite his upbringing in a very chaotic time." I wanted to reply, but "quoted for truth" is a lot of letters. Did I type QFT? No.

I spelled it out. Because that's how I was raised.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom