What I learned from Eagles vs 49ers (1 Viewer)

Ok, let me get this straight… if you have a solid QB, you beat good teams like the cowboy…

buuuuuuuutttt 🤔🤔🤔🤔 when you don’t…. Even the leagues best defenses look bad… and your awesome skill players look below average….

This just reinforces that you have nothing without a QB… after last week, I thought the 49ers had the best roster in the league…

I don’t care what your defense looks like, I dont care who your RB, WRs or Oline is…

You’re team goes as the QB goes.

I’ll throw in that the bengals were thought of as below average with a few good players sprinkled in. You get a QB and all of a sudden, defense is really good, Oline is better then we thought and on…

I’m only exaggerating a little when I say spend every pick you have to get a QB and keep doing it until you find one that you can win with… then you start building your team around them.
The refs gave them first14 points. After Purdy left it was over

What I learned is what I already thought…. Taysom can do what Hurts does…. Maybe more. And I am still floored that we don’t give him the chance. Makes me ill.

You may be the only person on this board that truly believes this....A..... for consistency!!!!!!

TH can come in and win a few games but he can't stay healthy even for a short stint at QB.....and there is little evidence to show that he anywhere near Hurts level as a passing QB....

Spin their wheels?
The Saints won a championship with Brees.
If you wanna talk about a franchise wasting a QB, look at the Dolphins with Marino.
"...I'm talking Archie"

Ok, let me get this straight… if you have a solid QB, you beat good teams like the cowboy…

buuuuuuuutttt 🤔🤔🤔🤔 when you don’t…. Even the leagues best defenses look bad… and your awesome skill players look below average….

This just reinforces that you have nothing without a QB… after last week, I thought the 49ers had the best roster in the league…

I don’t care what your defense looks like, I dont care who your RB, WRs or Oline is…

I’ll throw in that the bengals were thought of as below average with a few good players sprinkled in. You get a QB and all of a sudden, defense is really good, Oline is better then we thought and on…

I’m only exaggerating a little when I say spend every pick you have to get a QB and keep doing it until you find one that you can win with… then you start building your team around them.
So what you are saying is Andy Dalton is average as an NFL QB.

Last edited:
What was confirmed is that the Saints are not close in talent to the four teams that played. The belief a year ago that we were still a true contender was a major mistake. Because Allen's job is on the line, I fear our credit-card mindset will continue so that Allen can win seven games in 2023.
Oddly I came away with the opposite take. As dysfunctional as the Saints were this season, we botched an opportunity to hold onto a win against the Bengals, held the mighty 49ers to less than two tds (and I'll just say misfortune regarding a catch that wasn't a catch and a late flag on a key interception return) at their house. And beat the Eagles with their backup QB in Philly. I saw more a team that has talent (as I've said all year) that has severely underachieved. The notion that we all shared at the beginning of the season that the Saints would be a playoff contender failed but I still maintain that it wasn’t due to lack of talent. We weren't in the upper level of talent like Philly or S.F., but likely on par with Minnesota, Seattle, Dallas and NYGiants.

Last edited:
Oddly I came away with the opposite take. As dysfunctional as the Saints were this season, we botched an opportunity to hold onto a win against the Bengals, held the mighty 49ers to less than two tds (and I'll just say misfortune regarding a catch that wasn't a catch and a late flag on a key interception return) at their house. And beat the Eagles with their backup QB in Philly. I saw more a team that has talent (as I've said all year) that has severely underachieved. The notion that we all shared at the beginning of the season that the Saints would be a playoff contender failed but I still maintain that it was due to lack of talent. We weren't in the upper level of talent like Philly or S.F., but likely on par with Minnesota, Seattle, Dallas and NYGiants.
the saints were not nearly as bad as some made it seem this season. They played tough, and hung in with superior teams. they didnt get boat raced at all. A healthy Jameis and a play caller with some juice and they easliy couldve won 11 games.

Anyone who thinks QB is not the most important position on the field is living in lala land. We were so spoiled for so long with one of the best to ever play the game. I’m so thankful.

If you have a Drew Brees at QB (or similar) your floor is the divisional round.
If you don't have an excellent QB, your ceiling is the divisional round, or a lucky advance to the NFC Championship game. (Or a very unusual year. Nick Foles /Trent Dilfer).

Speaking of the Niners ... Brock Purdy has a torn UCL.

He's seeking a second opinion on options.

I learned the healthiest teams win. That’s all. The saints would have been right there if Michael Thomas and Lattimore didn’t miss so much time.

That’s what you learned watching a team forced to play their 4th string qb (which we don’t even have) on his 9th team in 12 years (if you count aaf and xfl) who then got concussed, and was replaced by the injured guy with a torn UCL who could no longer do the most important thing a qb does - throw a football.

The 49ers won games with 3 different quarterbacks. And literally won 7 in a row with the last pick of the draft. If anything they proved you could win with a starter, his backup and his backups backup. It’s just the 4th string guy who had problems. And then the guy without an arm.

There’s no doubt you need above average qb play. But this is the game you are using to reinforce that point?

Last edited:
The 49ers won games with 3 different quarterbacks. And literally won 7 in a row with the last pick of the draft. If anything they proved you could win with a starter, his backup and his backups backup. It’s just the 4th string guy who had problems. And then the guy without an arm.
Ok, one vote for QBs aren’t important… 👍

Oddly I came away with the opposite take. As dysfunctional as the Saints were this season, we botched an opportunity to hold onto a win against the Bengals, held the mighty 49ers to less than two tds (and I'll just say misfortune regarding a catch that wasn't a catch and a late flag on a key interception return) at their house. And beat the Eagles with their backup QB in Philly. I saw more a team that has talent (as I've said all year) that has severely underachieved. The notion that we all shared at the beginning of the season that the Saints would be a playoff contender failed but I still maintain that it wasn’t due to lack of talent. We weren't in the upper level of talent like Philly or S.F., but likely on par with Minnesota, Seattle, Dallas and NYGiants.

I pretty much agree with this which is why I'm so disappointed in the Saints organization for retaining DA and staff.....what we witnessed was one of the most gutless, incompetent coaching jobs I can remember.....the roster has talent just needs some tweaking and a competent coaching staff....sadly that won't be happening anytime soon....

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom