What I learned from Eagles vs 49ers (1 Viewer)

Ok, let me get this straight… if you have a solid QB, you beat good teams like the cowboy…

buuuuuuuutttt 🤔🤔🤔🤔 when you don’t…. Even the leagues best defenses look bad… and your awesome skill players look below average….

This just reinforces that you have nothing without a QB… after last week, I thought the 49ers had the best roster in the league…

I don’t care what your defense looks like, I dont care who your RB, WRs or Oline is…

You’re team goes as the QB goes.

I’ll throw in that the bengals were thought of as below average with a few good players sprinkled in. You get a QB and all of a sudden, defense is really good, Oline is better then we thought and on…

I’m only exaggerating a little when I say spend every pick you have to get a QB and keep doing it until you find one that you can win with… then you start building your team around them.
In 2019, the 49ers made it to the Super Bowl by beating the Packers by 17 points with Jimmy G going 6-8 for 77 yards. Not saying a QB isn't important but the 49ers were probably going to lose today anyway because the Eagles are a better all around team and they have something that the 49ers haven't seen since Purdy has been starting; a top 10 defense.

And if our team goes as the QB goes, why did we go 7-9 5 times with Drew? :cry:

It's a team effort and today, the better team won. Just hate that everyone will try to associate this win to Purdy getting hurt tho.
I tell this to people whenever they try to discredit mahomes,eventhough the chiefs didn't get to a AFC championship game, or superbowl before he came. People will talk about having a stacked roster, but why couldn't that stack roster get to an AFC championship game or superbowl without him?

He's been even better, with a whole new group of receivers. In todays NFL, you need a QB to win. He doesn't have to be the greatest ever,but good enough to effectively get the play makers the ball.

The last few superbowls have been won by passing QBs. The days of having a good running game and good defense are fading. You need a good QB,good receivers, and a good o line.
Mahomes actually had a better roster than Smith. Alex Smith WR1 for like 3 seasons was Dwayne Bowe..lol. And this isn't a knock against Mahomes; Reid made sure he built well around him.

But the Chiefs defense and Andy Reid's horrible clock management let them down more in the playoffs than Alex Smith did.

And regarding your last sentence, the Bucs defense won that Super Bowl 2 years ago.

Ok, let me get this straight… if you have a solid QB, you beat good teams like the cowboy…

buuuuuuuutttt 🤔🤔🤔🤔 when you don’t…. Even the leagues best defenses look bad… and your awesome skill players look below average….

This just reinforces that you have nothing without a QB… after last week, I thought the 49ers had the best roster in the league…

I don’t care what your defense looks like, I dont care who your RB, WRs or Oline is…

I’ll throw in that the bengals were thought of as below average with a few good players sprinkled in. You get a QB and all of a sudden, defense is really good, Oline is better then we thought and on…

I’m only exaggerating a little when I say spend every pick you have to get a QB and keep doing it until you find one that you can win with… then you start building your team around them.

Exactly. Firing these coaches accomplishes absolutely nothing. Say what you want about PC but there was no qb out there to make the plays, 1 wr, and a banged up o line. It just wasn’t a good year all around.

In 2019, the 49ers made it to the Super Bowl by beating the Packers by 17 points with Jimmy G going 6-8 for 77 yards. Not saying a QB isn't important but the 49ers were probably going to lose today anyway because the Eagles are a better all around team and they have something that the 49ers haven't seen since Purdy has been starting; a top 10 defense.

It's a team effort and today, the better team won. Just hate that everyone will try to associate this win to Purdy getting hurt tho.

Mahomes actually had a better roster than Smith. Alex Smith WR1 for like 3 seasons was Dwayne Bowe..lol. And this isn't a knock against Mahomes; Reid made sure he built well around him.

But the Chiefs defense and Andy Reid's horrible clock management let them down more in the playoffs than Alex Smith did.

And regarding your last sentence, the Bucs defense won that Super Bowl 2 years ago.
Are you talking about matt cassle? I thought bowe was gone by the time he came. Smith had both kelce a tyreek hill when he played and still couldn't get to the promise land.

If they had the same roster with smith, they still wouldn't get as far as they have with pat. Patrick mahomes is the best QB in the NFL.

People keep saying this, but hill is gone and he's still putting up good numbers. He's actually been better without hill.

Sorry,but you couldn't possibly believe smith would have this team in the position. If it wasnt for mahomes, the chiefs wouldn't have a superbowl, or be relevant.

More like reid made sure he moved up to get a QB that could take him to the promise land. Kelce and tyreek were there before mahomes came, so that doesn't make sense .

They won games,but couldn't get far in the playoffs until mahomes came along.

Question, would that bucs defense win a superbowl with winston or Blaine gabbert at QB? I can't stand brady,but lets not be delusional and act like they won have won without him.

I think the old saying still rings true. Offense sells tickets and defense wins championships. You can win with a really good QB, but in the Superbowl both teams are really good so your defense better be able to make stops.

You can find exceptions to that rule, but generally it's the defense that wins the big one.

Kelce was drafted in 2013, tyreek was drafted in 2016, which means they played with smith right? Why didn't he get them to the superbowl?

Mahomes got them further in his first year, than smith had since he was with them, with pretty much rhe same players.

Are you talking about matt cassle? I thought bowe was gone by the time he came. Smith had both kelce a tyreek hill when he played and still couldn't get to the promise land.

If they had the same roster with smith, they still wouldn't get as far as they have with pat. Patrick mahomes is the best QB in the NFL.

People keep saying this, but hill is gone and he's still putting up good numbers. He's actually been better without hill.

Sorry,but you couldn't possibly believe smith would have this team in the position. If it wasnt for mahomes, the chiefs wouldn't have a superbowl, or be relevant.
Nope....Alex Smith had Dwayne Bowe as WR1. Kelce didn't start his first season and Tyreek Hill got drafted in 2016. When everything came together, the Chiefs had a top 5 offense. Andy Reid's time management/playcalling when up and Suttons defense killed them more often than QB play. But that isn't reported on ESPN for the masses.

I have been told it is WRs, not QBs, who turn franchises around :hihi:
Not all...just the Bengals..lol

Yep I saw that back and forth between you two and could not disagree with him more on that subject.
But yet no one could negate what I stated about 2020 to 2021....
If Burrow was the "catalyst" for the offense, that would have been apparent his rookie season. The Bengal's offense just happened to get turned around when Chase got there.

What isn't mentioned in your post is the fact that the Bengals went from 19.4 points per game in 2020 to 27 points per game in 2021 with Joe Burrow going from #28 in TD rate to #3.
Maybe, just maybe, the WR is the impact player a QB need to succeed.

Let's look at Buffalo.

Nope....Alex Smith had Dwayne Bowe as WR1. Kelce didn't start his first season and Tyreek Hill got drafted in 2016. When everything came together, the Chiefs had a top 5 offense. Andy Reid's time management/playcalling when up and Suttons defense killed them more often than QB play. But that isn't reported on ESPN for the masses.

If Burrow was the "catalyst" for the offense, that would have been apparent his rookie season. The Bengal's offense just happened to get turned around when Chase got there.

Let's look at Buffalo.
I respect your opinion, just don’t agree with it. 😊

But didn’t we beat them with Andy Dalton?

Let's look at Buffalo.
He only had bowe for 1 or 2 years. Bowe left the team in 2014. He had maclin and kelce. Bowe mostly played with matt castle.

So you're are you saying andy reids clock management magically got good, when he got mahomes, or was mahomes just good enough to overcome it?😏

Kelce didn't start his first year,but he started every year after that, and they still didn't get to the promise land. Listen it's ok to admit that mahomes is the best QB in the NFL.

And dwayne Bowe was actually a good WR by the way. He played eith castle at QB for most of his time in KC,but still was a good reciever. The chiefs realsed bowe in 2015, a year before they drafted hill.

It's clear that patrick mahomes is what took this franchise to the next level. Alex smith kept them afloat,but they weren't going to win the big game with him. Reid jumped infront of us to draft mahomes for a reason.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom