What I learned from Eagles vs 49ers (1 Viewer)

More like reid made sure he moved up to get a QB that could take him to the promise land. Kelce and tyreek were there before mahomes came, so that doesn't make sense .

They won games,but couldn't get far in the playoffs until mahomes came along.

Question, would that bucs defense win a superbowl with winston or Blaine gabbert at QB? I can't stand brady,but lets not be delusional and act like they won have won without him.
They won with Alex Smith before Mahomes, he took them over the top.

Kelce was drafted in 2013, tyreek was drafted in 2016, which means they played with smith right? Why didn't he get them to the superbowl?

Mahomes got them further in his first year, than smith had since he was with them, with pretty much rhe same players.
It wasn't the same players. WR3 was an upgrade. But think about it like this; Mahomes threw 50TDs and 5k yards and only won 2 more games than 2017..lol.

And I've said plenty of times, Andy Reid screwed them with questionable time management and Bob Sutton bend but don't break defense breaking at the wrong time. In 2019, they got rid of Sutton, defense improved, and they got themselves a Super Bowl.

Let's compare:
2017 Smith:
2017-Smith.PNG

2019 Mahomes:
2019 Mahomes.PNG

Alex Smith with Andy Reid's offense and the defense that he left in San Francisco wins at least 3 Super Bowls..lol

They won with Alex Smith before Mahomes, he took them over the top.
I said they won with smith,but they didn't get to the AFC championship game or a superbowl with him. The chargers won with rivers, but could never get far.

Smith was the type of QB, who can win you games, if you put a good enough team around him,but he's not taking you where mahomes can.

No disrespect to smith,but there's a reason he was ditched for 2 young guys.

Ok, let me get this straight… if you have a solid QB, you beat good teams like the cowboy…

buuuuuuuutttt 🤔🤔🤔🤔 when you don’t…. Even the leagues best defenses look bad… and your awesome skill players look below average….

This just reinforces that you have nothing without a QB… after last week, I thought the 49ers had the best roster in the league…

I don’t care what your defense looks like, I dont care who your RB, WRs or Oline is…

You’re team goes as the QB goes.

I’ll throw in that the bengals were thought of as below average with a few good players sprinkled in. You get a QB and all of a sudden, defense is really good, Oline is better then we thought and on…

I’m only exaggerating a little when I say spend every pick you have to get a QB and keep doing it until you find one that you can win with… then you start building your team around them.
This is why I don't want Carr. We will just get a few years of decent QB play but never go anywhere. If N.O has to be bad for a couple years, so be it. Saints need to find that next QB in the draft starting in 24.
I would say this year but for now now N.O better off trying to find best player available in all rounds they have a pick. Finding that QB is going to be pretty much impossible in this draft.

It wasn't the same players. WR3 was an upgrade. But think about it like this; Mahomes threw 50TDs and 5k yards and only won 2 more games than 2017..lol.

And I've said plenty of times, Andy Reid screwed them with questionable time management and Bob Sutton bend but don't break defense breaking at the wrong time. In 2019, they got rid of Sutton, defense improved, and they got themselves a Super Bowl.

Let's compare:
2017 Smith:
2017-Smith.PNG

2019 Mahomes:
2019 Mahomes.PNG

Alex Smith with Andy Reid's offense and the defense that he left in San Francisco wins at least 3 Super Bowls..lol

🤣🤣🤣. You're really trying to convince yourself and us that smith is anywhere near mahomes, sorry but he is not.

Mahomes is the face of that franchise, and already better than any QB they have ever had.

He got ditched for kapernick and turned around got ditched for mahomes. Reid knew he wasnt going to win the big game with smith, so he jumped infront of us to pick up mahomes.

But to be honest, i wish what you're saying was true. If reid really felt like smith was going to win him a superbowl, we would have mahomes.

You don't move up in the first round to draft a QB unless you know he can take you where you want to be.

This is why I don't want Carr. We will just get a few years of decent QB play but never go anywhere. If N.O has to be bad for a couple years, so be it. Saints need to find that next QB in the draft starting in 24.
I would say this year but for now now N.O better off trying to find best player available in all rounds they have a pick. Finding that QB is going to be pretty much impossible in this draft.
Ok, I agree with the why have an average QB to win 10 games and lose in the playoffs… then I endured this past season and I question my own thought on it. 😂

I think I realized the frustration for the first time… Can you image having the season we had but lose to Phili and Idk, the Browns… then have the 5th pick and STILL not be able to get the QB we need.

Then you’re awful again and this time you are in a position to draft that high upside QB in 24… you pick him and 3 years latter, he’s Daniel Jones. Mariota, Winston or any of a 30 other guys who failed…

This is TERRIFYING!

He only had bowe for 1 or 2 years. Bowe left the team in 2014. He had maclin and kelce. Bowe mostly played with matt castle.

So you're are you saying andy reids clock management magically got good, when he got mahomes, or was mahomes just good enough to overcome it?😏

Kelce didn't start his first year,but he started every year after that, and they still didn't get to the promise land. Listen it's ok to admit that mahomes is the best QB in the NFL.

And dwayne Bowe was actually a good WR by the way. He played eith castle at QB for most of his time in KC,but still was a good reciever. The chiefs realsed bowe in 2015, a year before they drafted hill.

It's clear that patrick mahomes is what took this franchise to the next level. Alex smith kept them afloat,but they weren't going to win the big game with him. Reid jumped infront of us to draft mahomes for a reason.
Look at #2 on the list:

Andy Reid used to do a lot of "play not to lose" and he did that plenty of times in those playoff games.

Crap.....
-Titans comeback from 28
-Losing the Patriots by a TD
-Holding call against Steelers to kill the 2 point conversion
-Titans comeback from 18

Not saying this isn't true, but it's a generational truth. What I mean by that is the Saints had a great QB for years and never did anything but spin their wheels. I'm sure there are other examples, again based on the era, where this was the case. For the newbies, I'm talking Archie who, in terms of his skills, was every bit as good as his 2 sons that share 4 SBs.

Look at #2 on the list:

Andy Reid used to do a lot of "play not to lose" and he did that plenty of times in those playoff games.

Crap.....
-Titans comeback from 28
-Losing the Patriots by a TD
-Holding call against Steelers to kill the 2 point conversion
-Titans comeback from 18
Trust me, i know how reid can be. We are witnessing it tonight. He's a good coach,but i've never seen a coach make so many horrible decisions, and waste timeouts. It's crazy.

What I learned is what I already thought…. Taysom can do what Hurts does…. Maybe more. And I am still floored that we don’t give him the chance. Makes me ill.
Get over it, Taysom was never and will never be Hurts, Allen, or LJ. The guy got his first start at QB in the pros at 30, that's not how this works.

Last edited:
Not saying this isn't true, but it's a generational truth. What I mean by that is the Saints had a great QB for years and never did anything but spin their wheels. I'm sure there are other examples, again based on the era, where this was the case. For the newbies, I'm talking Archie who, in terms of his skills, was every bit as good as his 2 sons that share 4 SBs.
Spin their wheels?
The Saints won a championship with Brees.
If you wanna talk about a franchise wasting a QB, look at the Dolphins with Marino.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom