Saints What i learned from the Saints loss (1 Viewer)

jasonsw

Swimmer is my friend
Reaction score
Saints need MT and Davenport back. After 1st quarter pressure to Carr was almost nonexistent. Outside of Kamara, TQS, there was little offense generated.

Harris proved he is a reliable pass option.
Hopefully he is used more here on out

Failure to use Taysom properly made no sense. That had me puzzled as he seems to always come up with big plays that get offense going

Sanders might be a bust signing. I had as many catches as him last night.

Trautman seems like a viable option on offense hopefully he is used more.

Trey W.

Hall-of-Famer
Reaction score
The running game was working very well but as usual Payton never sticks with it. Drew was off in the 1st half, threw some bad passes. Defense after the 1st quarter just went to crap! Their best player was a TE and the only one who could some what cover him was Demario Davis. After the 1st Quarter the whole Team fell apart.

SaintStephen1

Veteran
Reaction score
You nailed it with your first post. We’ve got good corners and slot DBs, as well as LBs who are pretty good in coverage. Which is why Allen feels comfortable leaving them in man so much. The caveat is if a QB is not affected it’s very difficult for even the best secondary to look good. Every offseason I’ve posted that the mantra should be “It’s the pass rush, stupid!”
Also if Saints are going to blitz they need to disguise it better as the Steelers do.It was too easy for Carr to pick up pre-snap where the pressure was coming and to then pick out his best matchup to get ball out of his hands.

SaintsSwag

Hall-Of-Famer
Reaction score
Saints need MT and Davenport back. After 1st quarter pressure to Carr was almost nonexistent. Outside of Kamara, TQS, there was little offense generated.

Harris proved he is a reliable pass option.
Hopefully he is used more here on out

Failure to use Taysom properly made no sense. That had me puzzled as he seems to always come up with big plays that get offense going

Sanders might be a bust signing. I had as many catches as him last night.

Trautman seems like a viable option on offense hopefully he is used more.

I wouldnt jump to conclusions on Sanders yet.

You can tell hes not comfortable in this offense yet.

See Jared Cook 1st half last year

Reaction score
I wouldnt jump to conclusions on Sanders yet.

You can tell hes not comfortable in this offense yet.

See Jared Cook 1st half last year
Yeah. We know he can play because he’s an established and proven veteran. He hasn’t looked good at all yet, but I think it’s just a matter of not being on the same page. The dropped passes aren’t good, although one was a bad pass. Hopefully he starts looking a little better soon.

OP
jasonsw

jasonsw

Swimmer is my friend
Reaction score
I forgot to add a lot of this is fixable and the Saints will grow from this. Much like last year and the couple before, this team will evolve and be a completely different one at the end of the season.

kizzy821

#1 BandWagon Fan
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
I forgot to add a lot of this is fixable and the Saints will grow from this. Much like last year and the couple before, this team will evolve and be a completely different one at the end of the season.
After last year's playoff loss, fans were lamenting the limited use of Taysom as he seemed to be one of the few bright spots (along with DD). Same thing this game. It doesn't seem like the Saints organization learns lessons based on previous play.

One of the few times I recall Sean learning from his mistakes was allowing Bushrod to take on Demarcus Ware by himself against Dallas in 2009. He eventually gave him some help in the subsequent weeks (maybe not until the SB). But I remember being shocked that he did something everyone was saying he should do.

I'm sure there are other instances here and there, but IMO, they play every week in a vacuum. As if the previous game never happened. It might be a football thing, but something I've noticed with this team over the years.

I think teams who make it all the way are the ones who build upon their success week-to-week and learn from the mistakes.

Our guys don't seem to do that.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
What we learned, what is trending and final thoughts from the Saints' 27-24 win Saints RSS News Feeds 0
What we have learned about the Panthers through Week 6 of the NFL season Saints RSS News Feeds 0
What we have learned about the Falcons through Week 6 of the NFL season Saints RSS News Feeds 0
guillermo Belichick (and Parcells) on coaching Lawrence Taylor (kind of saints related) Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 0
Saints staying home as Hurricane Zeta comes through New Orleans Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Saints Film Room: Breaking down the 5 most important plays from Sunday Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Film Study: How Saints QB Brees turned in a vintage performance without top receivers Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Who should be Fox Game of The Week: Saints/Bears or Seahawks/49ers? Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 10
Overreactions from the Saints Week 5 game against the Panthers Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Saints unchanged in Week 8 Power Rankings despite divisional win over Panthers Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Fleur-de-Links, October 28: Early betting odds favor the Saints in Week 8 Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Drew Brees, Saints still have that two-minute-drill magic Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Andrus FOX assigns Joe Buck, Troy Aikman to call Week 8's Saints-Bears game SR News Page Articles 0
Andrus Panthers release former Saints cornerback Eli Apple SR News Page Articles 0
Andrus Saints' Marquez Callaway: Tending to minor sprain SR News Page Articles 0
Andrus ICYMI in Week 7 from the Saints SR News Page Articles 0
As Juwan Johnson breaks Saints debut news to wife, first questions, then priceless reaction Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Second look: The 3 Saints drives that won the game, and their defensive Achilles heel(s) Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Andrus Saints’ season starting to resemble past 3 playoff pushes SR News Page Articles 0
WATCH: CSC’s What Just Happened talks Saints 27-24 win against Carolina Panthers Saints RSS News Feeds 0
ktmoze ICYMI in Week 7 from the Saints Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 3
3 Biggest takeaways from the New Orleans Saints vs the Carolina Panthers Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Watch Saints fans reflect on 1st live game in Superdome: 'I feel safe' ... 'we can fit more' Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Saints vs. Panthers: Five Numbers That Do Not Lie Saints RSS News Feeds 0
New Orleans Saints: Important quotes from Week 7 Saints RSS News Feeds 0
ktmoze ⚜Saints Defense will face Top 3rd-Down and Red-Zone Offenses⚜ Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 1
Fleur-de-Links, October 27: Saints keeping an eye on Hurricane Zeta Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Saint Kamara Saints defense vs Nick Foles Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 42
Marquez Callaway may have surprised some Sunday, but the Saints have been seeing this Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Payton addresses Saints secondary concerns, praises many facets of offense from win over Panthers Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Saints revert Austin Carr, Juwan Johnson and Will Clapp back to the practice squad Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Why did the Saints call a timeout after the break between the 1st and 2nd quarters? Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Once again, Saints game-week preparations include hurricane contingency plans Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Saints survive, Bucs cruise, Falcons blow lead (again); see where things stand after Week 7 Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Saints' snap counts: A look at usage of receivers, defensive line, secondary in Week 7 win over Panthers Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Social media reactions from the Saints 27-24 win over the Panthers Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Saints Week 7: The Good, the Bad, the Ugly Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Beignets and Café au Lait: Saints Remain Undefeated in the Division Saints RSS News Feeds 0
ndcc Saints Which past (year) Saints defense would make our 2020 team scary good? Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 9
Fleur-de-Links, October 26: Saints emerge victorious against Carolina Panthers following bye week Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Dan in Lafayette Drew Brees excellent throughout, Marcus Davenport comes up with big sack in New Orleans Saints victory against Panthers SR News Page Articles 0
Dan in Lafayette Saints' Cam Jordan takes shot at Antonio Brown: 'He's got to get to Week 9' SR News Page Articles 0
Dan in Lafayette 3 Takeaways from Saints Victory Over Panthers SR News Page Articles 0
Dan in Lafayette Brees' clutch precision lifts Saints past Panthers, 27-24 SR News Page Articles 0
Dan in Lafayette Saints fans celebrate a win after fans allowed inside dome for the first time this season SR News Page Articles 0
Andrus Game recap - New Orleans Saints defeat Carolina Panthers 27-24 SR News Page Articles 0
Dleger 2020 Saints “D” Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 3
CanadianSaint Saints vs Panthers Week 7 2020 GIFs Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 3
How was Saints' 1st game with fans in Superdome? For these lucky Who Dats, it was 'phenomenal' Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Teddy Bridgewater's return: From big plays to a seat on Saints' bench; here's how it happened Saints RSS News Feeds 0