Saints What i learned from the Saints loss (1 Viewer)

jasonsw

VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Saints need MT and Davenport back. After 1st quarter pressure to Carr was almost nonexistent. Outside of Kamara, TQS, there was little offense generated.

Harris proved he is a reliable pass option.
Hopefully he is used more here on out

Failure to use Taysom properly made no sense. That had me puzzled as he seems to always come up with big plays that get offense going

Sanders might be a bust signing. I had as many catches as him last night.

Trautman seems like a viable option on offense hopefully he is used more.

The running game was working very well but as usual Payton never sticks with it. Drew was off in the 1st half, threw some bad passes. Defense after the 1st quarter just went to crap! Their best player was a TE and the only one who could some what cover him was Demario Davis. After the 1st Quarter the whole Team fell apart.

You nailed it with your first post. We’ve got good corners and slot DBs, as well as LBs who are pretty good in coverage. Which is why Allen feels comfortable leaving them in man so much. The caveat is if a QB is not affected it’s very difficult for even the best secondary to look good. Every offseason I’ve posted that the mantra should be “It’s the pass rush, stupid!”
Also if Saints are going to blitz they need to disguise it better as the Steelers do.It was too easy for Carr to pick up pre-snap where the pressure was coming and to then pick out his best matchup to get ball out of his hands.

Saints need MT and Davenport back. After 1st quarter pressure to Carr was almost nonexistent. Outside of Kamara, TQS, there was little offense generated.

Harris proved he is a reliable pass option.
Hopefully he is used more here on out

Failure to use Taysom properly made no sense. That had me puzzled as he seems to always come up with big plays that get offense going

Sanders might be a bust signing. I had as many catches as him last night.

Trautman seems like a viable option on offense hopefully he is used more.

I wouldnt jump to conclusions on Sanders yet.

You can tell hes not comfortable in this offense yet.

See Jared Cook 1st half last year

I wouldnt jump to conclusions on Sanders yet.

You can tell hes not comfortable in this offense yet.

See Jared Cook 1st half last year

Yeah. We know he can play because he’s an established and proven veteran. He hasn’t looked good at all yet, but I think it’s just a matter of not being on the same page. The dropped passes aren’t good, although one was a bad pass. Hopefully he starts looking a little better soon.

I forgot to add a lot of this is fixable and the Saints will grow from this. Much like last year and the couple before, this team will evolve and be a completely different one at the end of the season.

I forgot to add a lot of this is fixable and the Saints will grow from this. Much like last year and the couple before, this team will evolve and be a completely different one at the end of the season.

After last year's playoff loss, fans were lamenting the limited use of Taysom as he seemed to be one of the few bright spots (along with DD). Same thing this game. It doesn't seem like the Saints organization learns lessons based on previous play.

One of the few times I recall Sean learning from his mistakes was allowing Bushrod to take on Demarcus Ware by himself against Dallas in 2009. He eventually gave him some help in the subsequent weeks (maybe not until the SB). But I remember being shocked that he did something everyone was saying he should do.

I'm sure there are other instances here and there, but IMO, they play every week in a vacuum. As if the previous game never happened. It might be a football thing, but something I've noticed with this team over the years.

I think teams who make it all the way are the ones who build upon their success week-to-week and learn from the mistakes.

Our guys don't seem to do that.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom