What I learned Saints vs Rams (1 Viewer)

The defense was gassed in late 3rd early 4th. And when they fell behind by 2 scores, the defense and the rest of the team were done! I thought the defense played well enough if Drew would not have been injured.

This. They held a very potent offense to only 6 points in the first half. With the Saints offense not able to sustain drives it was only a matter of time until they are gassed.

If Drew Brees finishes the game it's a different story all-together.

Also another TD robbed from us would have actually had us leading at half. This has got to stop. Why wouldn't you just let the play finish, then review it like ALL turnovers are reviewed. Call it back at that time but you have to let the play complete. Such BS.

Dennis Allen is just not the answer at DC. He routinely, year after year, puts his guys in positions to fail. Zone defenses that would allow my deceased great-grandma to get open, and man to man plays that get easily busted by rub routes. It’s mind numbing. He generally has great second half adjustments, and that’s what I’ve always harped on him about to my people, but even that has been glaringly absent as of late. Idk who the answer is for defensive coordinator, but I think it’s pretty obviously not DA

Interesting.. Does Dennis Allen make tackles we whiffed on late in the 3rd?

Our D held strong until then. It was a product of being on the field too long.

Interesting.. Does Dennis Allen make tackles we whiffed on late in the 3rd?

Our D held strong until then. It was a product of being on the field too long.

You’re not wrong, but Allen consistently puts our Secondary in a bad position on 3rd downs; primarily 3rd and long. It’s been a thing since he’s been in charge of it and it needs to change. Thing is I’ve seen this story before and they’ll clean it up as the season goes along but as far as we know we don’t have Drew to bail us out. We need it to be fixed next week, not in week 6 or 7. Right now our best players in the secondary are Marshon Lattimore, who would walk on to any team in the league as at least their number 2 corner if not their starter, and Marcus Williams who consistently ball watches instead of playing his zone. That has to be coaching because it’s so consistent.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom