What I meant to say was (1 Viewer)

champ76

Subscribing Member
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Is it just me, or does this administration need some help on their communication skills? For example, we are told now by our Energy Secretary that we are like a bunch of unruly teenagers when it comes to energy.

“The American public…just like your teenage kids, aren’t acting in a way that they should act,” Dr. Chu said. “The American public has to really understand in their core how important this issue is.”

A spokesman later said: “Secretary Chu was not comparing the public to teenagers. He was saying that we need to educate teenagers about ways to save energy.”
http://blogs.wsj.com/environmentalc...re-like-teenage-kids-when-it-comes-to-energy/

Seems to me that's exactly what he was doing. Freudian slip?

Why do you think the White House has employed spin masters for the past 50 years or so?

Is it just me, or does this administration need some help on their communication skills? For example, we are told now by our Energy Secretary that we are like a bunch of unruly teenagers when it comes to energy.

“The American public…just like your teenage kids, aren’t acting in a way that they should act,” Dr. Chu said. “The American public has to really understand in their core how important this issue is.”

A spokesman later said: “Secretary Chu was not comparing the public to teenagers. He was saying that we need to educate teenagers about ways to save energy.”
http://blogs.wsj.com/environmentalc...re-like-teenage-kids-when-it-comes-to-energy/

The apologist should be fired and the Secy was right. Many of us are a bunch of spoiled and wasteful teenagers with a feeling that we are entitled to waste.

Turn off a light - Save a soldier.

The average American energy consumer behaves like a clueless kid and the federal government has been their absent parent.

I'd like to see a full transcript or video of Chu's keynote before giving him credit for telling the truth.

The federal government has ZERO room to talk (though I agree in part to the premise)

The government has a ridicious credit card bill, and it wants to criticize the public about thier responsibility?

"Hello kettle, this is the pot......you are black"

Next catholic preachers will have clinton giving abstanance talks at catholic schools.

I agree, how many government vehicles are in use? How many wasteful government flights happen every day? Why has our fleet of post office delivery vehicles not been converted to electric or propane? What is the White House thermostat set on? how many solar panels are on the White House? Do we really need thirty stretch limos following the President around or would fifteen suffice? How about something a little smaller and more efficient that an 747 for Air Force One?

The federal government has ignored and in many cases exacerbated our energy crisis for decades. Many politicians oppose any efforts to reduce consumption or to promote cleaner domestic energy sources. Sadly, they've duped many citizens into believing in and cheering for their ignorant energy policies.

While the current administration isn't doing nearly enough, they are certainly doing more than past administrations.

Personally, I resent being compared by a member of government to an unruly teenager. I pay my electric bill. I pay my water bill. I pay my gas bill. I pay my taxes so little nanny state nincompoops can strut their arrogant stuff on a national stage. I say to them, **** you and the horse you rode in on.

/rantoff

Personally, I resent being compared by a member of government to an unruly teenager. I pay my electric bill. I pay my water bill. I pay my gas bill. I pay my taxes so little nanny state nincompoops can strut their arrogant stuff on a national stage. I say to them, **** you and the horse you rode in on.

/rantoff

maybe by "teenager" they mean someone who overreacts and gets 'emo' and sensationalizes a relatively benign insult, infusing a bunch of silly melodrama where their immature energies could be better directed somewhere else instead of whining and pitching a fit

In that case, maybe the shoe fits you after all.

In all seriousness, it seems to me that you're seeking a reason to rant - if you're going to get that worked up over a comment like that, it's going to be a long Obama administration for you and i predict you getting upset over a lot of things that really aren't worth it

I wasn't even that mad when Rod Paige, Bush's Sec of Ed, called me a "terrorist" for being a member of the NEA and opposing NCLB

The federal government has ZERO room to talk (though I agree in part to the premise)

The government has a ridicious credit card bill, and it wants to criticize the public about thier responsibility?

"Hello kettle, this is the pot......you are black"

Next catholic preachers will have clinton giving abstanance talks at catholic schools.

:plus-un2:

To me, the really insulting part is when the spokesman decided the best way to handle this is simply to tell members of the public they did not hear what they thought they heard.

Politicians are not Jedi, they should quit trying to do the mind trick. They only lose credibility. If you feel a statement crossed the line, say so and move on.

maybe by "teenager" they mean someone who overreacts and gets 'emo' and sensationalizes a relatively benign insult, infusing a bunch of silly melodrama where their immature energies could be better directed somewhere else instead of whining and pitching a fit

In that case, maybe the shoe fits you after all.

You know, I thought about that after I posted! :covri:

Maybe it's a function of my age. I have spent my entire life playing by their rules, and now they want me to pay through the nose through carbon taxes and/ or changes my lifestyle because they want to change the rules because of some theory I am not sold on. And I absolutely resent the condescending attitude that the populace is nothing but a bunch of unruly teens who have to be reined in to their way of thinking. I don't think it's a relatively benign insult; I think it's an accurate reflection of their view of the way things are and ought to be. And it bugs me, big time.

In all seriousness, it seems to me that you're seeking a reason to rant - if you're going to get that worked up over a comment like that, it's going to be a long Obama administration for you and i predict you getting upset over a lot of things that really aren't worth it

I wasn't even that mad when Rod Paige, Bush's Sec of Ed, called me a "terrorist" for being a member of the NEA and opposing NCLB

I think you had every right to be upset by that remark. You know, that's the scary thing about power and why we have to watch these people closely.

/rantoff

I encourage you to watch Chu's GridWeek keynote address before you label him a nanny state nincompoop. Everything I saw (the WSJ comment was not in this clip) was an honest assessment of how we can better manage our energy usage and production through improved technology.

One of the drawbacks of filling your Cabinet with qualified people who comment based on the facts as they see them, instead of simply what the President or the public may want to hear, I guess. :shrug:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom