What I worry about - coronavirus to the players (1 Viewer)

LoE

Hall-of-Famer
Reaction score
The NFL mandates a strict limit on team rosters. 53 after camp, 46 on game day. But what happens when 5% or 10% of the team roster is stricken with coronavirus?

No one's talking about it. But it's likely to happen. These players will be in close proximity once camp starts, if not earlier.

Imagine you're an NFL player, and a father, and a husband, and you're told "we don't have anymore roster spots, we need you on the field."

I feel the NFL owners won't go broke of they bend the rules just a little bit this season.

The NFL mandates a strict limit on team rosters. 53 after camp, 46 on game day. But what happens when 5% or 10% of the team roster is stricken with coronavirus?

No one's talking about it. But it's likely to happen. These players will be in close proximity once camp starts, if not earlier.
They would be out for a week. My mom deals with this kinda stuff for a living.
My sister had it, and I live with her. Didn't get it.

The NFL --IS-- too stupid to account for what's going on. They've done nothing with regards to roster caps to account for what's going on.

They can afford to increase roster limits temporarily.

The NFL --IS-- too stupid to account for what's going on. They've done nothing with regards to roster caps to account for what's going on.

But to do that would be admitting there will be some sort of major impact on the league‘s players— they can’t do that and still push to have a season, especially in heavily impacted areas.

The NFL will play the waiting game in regards to national numbers and will wait to the very last second before they make any decisions. It’s going to be an interesting 3 months.

The Saints have almost completely kept all of their 2021 picks. As well, they have drafted fairly young, Ruiz is 20 for crying out loud. Chances are there won't be a 2020 season or perhaps only a part season. I've been trying to find out smart moves by each team regarding this and only know that Washington accepted basically a 4th and 6th for Trent Williams. If the season is really delayed or postponed I can see a bunch of guys (Warford) getting cut regardless.

The Saints are pretty smart.

I was thinking more in terms of, the cruise ships have been sued to eternity & back. The NFL locker rooms are a Petri dish for Covid-19.

I don’t think the NFL wants to be sued forever & ever.

• 1Like
Reactions: LoE
The league players are at lowest risk from coronavirus. They're the healthiest people in the world. Chances are slim they'll get wiped out - though math says its will happen to some. What pisses me off is that the NFL isn't acknowledging it.

They can afford to acknowledge it.

They can afford to acknowledge it.

They actually can’t afford it. Well, in the short term, that is.

The league has a lot of clout in this county (as do many billion dollar enterprises).

They have a lot of well-paid smart people on their payrolls who know the realities of this pandemic and the realities of what we might be facing in the fall/winter months.

They can’t acknowledge the realities of this pandemic because they want the anxious masses to push on their behalf to allow them to play games without fans in the stands.

The NFL is going to do what they always do and sit back and let their popularity do the talking.

The NFL isn’t going to risk having fans in the stands if there isn’t a significant change to this virus that defies all medical history. But they can’t do anything that will put playing the games without fans at risk. Because as long as the games are played, they will make the billions in TV revenue.

If the NFL acknowledges the risks to their players and support staff l, there is a chance that they could be prevented from playing games in 2020 and that would cost them billions.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom