What if Bridgewater lights it up ? (1 Viewer)

Honestly, the OP does have a good question. Nothing wrong with it. In the back of my mind, what if Bridgewater play well the rest of the way and we are winning. If you are not asking it, the whole media will. The talking heads will be out in full force. Asking me, I will say Drew definitely starts because this is his team and he build this team around him. I would give that much respect for Drew just because.

If we play as team he should put up decent numbers but only number that matters is W-L record. If they play as a team and minimize bone head mistakes we can beat any team on our schedule. The touch decision would be if we win ever game and leading the division.

I guess we start Drew no matter what. There might be a QB controversy, but really only in the media. Drew's a proven winner. Even if Bridgewater plays well, we wouldn't know how he would fare under the larger stage of a playoff run.

Let's say that Bridgewater, defying all expectations, starts putting up Mahomes level numbers. What do we do when Drew gets back?

Not going to hold my breath. He's been here two years now, and shown nothing. He seems to throw a decent pass, it's just that he holds the ball so long before he decides where he's going to throw it. Our OL that everyone thought was one of the best in the league with Drew getting rid of the ball so fast, look like garbage with Teddy taking so long to throw. He's got to get better at reading the defense, and start making quicker decisions. Keeping my fingers crossed that with more practice snaps, that the decision making speeds up and improves.

He is going too surprise Seattle with a great game. Then drew comes back and starts. Drew wins Super Bowl and retires then teddy starts next season. And everyone who talked bad about teddy should apologize.

Here’s the question, what does “lighting it up” mean for TB?

Teddy with 8 touchdowns for 843 yards

Last edited:
It’d be great if Bridgewater came out and carved up the Seahawks defense... outstanding even..

But he doesn’t need to light it up for the Saints to win games while Brees recovers. He just has to be smart, decisive, and consistently get the ball in the hands of his playmakers (Kamara, MT13, Ginn, and Cook). The Taysom packages need to be effective also. I don’t want to see Hill come in and just run the same read-option play with AK, where Hill keeps it and runs.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom