What if Bridgewater lights it up ? (1 Viewer)

Can you imagine the circus if there were to be a QB controversy between Ted Bridgewater and Drew Brees. I say you ride the hot hand lol.

Here's another question, what happens if Drew comes back but he's only at like 57% because he can't properly grip the football? Do you go with a 57% Drew or a 100% Teddy? Marinate on that for a minute.
I don’t need to let that marinate for a second. Drew at 57% is still better than 90% of the starting qb’s in the league. With Drew on the field it makes defenses play differently. You can’t just play to stop the run because you know Drew can pick you apart. You can try to blitz but if you do and Drew reads it he’s going to dump it off to AK and you can sit back and watch him do his thing. You can bet that if I see Teddy holding on to the ball too long so does Pete Carroll. If he doesn’t get rid of the ball faster I wouldn’t be surprised to see him stripped of the ball more than once. I hope I’m wrong and Teddy shines.

If Teddy throws for 400 ypg and 5 td a game, then ... I hate to say it but ....

Get Miami on the phone and see what they're willing to give up for Teddy.

The preface of this thread just made me laugh....uncontrollably.

The only way Teddy puts up Mahomes level numbers is on Madden. Put the difficulty level on Pro and he'll break all kinds of records. Lol

Look, it's not gonna happen...

But WEIRDER things have happened in the NFL. And it's a "fun" hypothetical to play with.

Who the heck WOULDN'T want Bridgewater to channel his inner "Mahomes" and ball out? Heck, just "Lamar Jackson", we'd take that. Sounds like a great problem to have.

It's a tossup for me as to what is more concerning, Bridgewater or Russell Wilson.

I'd love Teddy to come out swinging.
It's just that he hasn't shown up one time in any of chances he's had with us.
If someone doesn't think Taysom deserves a legit chance at this point in time then you're not thinking about football.

Trade him and draft Joe Burrow. Seriously.. if the Saints go undefeated and Bridgewarter turns into Mahomes, you have to stick with him.

Last edited:
We used up all of the luck the City of New Orleans will collectively get in the next century on Drew Brees playing like a HoFer after that potentially career ending injury. We sold our soul to Drew Brees and now we can't even get our pumps to work correctly. Don't get me wrong, it was totally worth it - but that means ain't no chance in hell of this ever happening.

Didn't we see this situation a few year ago with Denver and Peyton Manning. The backup QB take you to the playoffs and the veteran QB is starter for playoffs and win a Super Bowl title.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom