What if Bridgewater lights it up ? (1 Viewer)

Yeah, do that Matt Flynn thing...
Ouch.
As has been told in this thread, He holds the ball a little too long. If he does so with our team, there will be blitz packages and stunts to get at the ball. I would expect a few fumbles or passing turnovers at that time.
Bridgewater is like a young RW. RW held the ball too long for a while in the last 4 years and it cost us. He was sacked a lot. He got better and with time more and more faster and more accurate. Running out of the pocket with touch passing accuracy will hurt teams...and that is what he got. If Teddy can get the time to learn that, then he would be worth keeping. If not, you have one waiting in the wings.

It makes me wonder when we hear the experts say 6-8 weeks for Drew, could it be longer? Is that 6-8 weeks to just be able to grip a football again, throw a football 10 yards or further, will it affect his accuracy, and not to mention if it gets hit again? This ligament surgery makes me a little nervous as to if it realistic to expect Drew back this season.

It makes me wonder when we hear the experts say 6-8 weeks for Drew, could it be longer? Is that 6-8 weeks to just be able to grip a football again, throw a football 10 yards or further, will it affect his accuracy, and not to mention if it gets hit again? This ligament surgery makes me a little nervous as to if it realistic to expect Drew back this season.
All relevant questions. All up in the air.

After hearing what Greg Jennings said on Cowherd earlier I think 1 of 2 things will happen Sunday.

Greg Jennings “when I played with Teddy in Minnesota I used to tell him to feel the game instead of seeing the game. Meaning I wanted him to trust his players to run the right route so he could throw on time instead of waiting for the receiver to be wide open”

I think we see the same TB and he gets replaced at some point during the game or we see TB with a stat line something like this —-> 68% comp rate, 3 TD’s 0-1 int.

After working with Payton’s undivided attention for a week and having a game plan built around his skill set, I’m going to assume Payton will drill this into his muscle memory. I’m hoping we see a decisive TB and if we don’t, I think he gets pulled.

Drew is not Eli. We actually appreciate him enough to make sure its no controversy. Drew will start the minute he says he's ready, even if we go undefeated without him. Drew is the 1st Saints QB in my lifetime that I'm willing to sink with. He has given us so much of himself while carrying a mainly subpar defense on his back for well over a decade. As long as he's a Saint, he will be our #1 QB point blank period.
Agreed. if he wants to play until he is 97 and goes out there on a scooter and goes 0 for 40 with 0 TDs and 40 INTs, he's earned that right and I would gladly watch him.

or we see TB with a stat line something like this —-> 68% comp rate, 3 TD’s 0-1 int.

Every player has their fan base who are perennially optimistic their guy is just one insight, one game, one play away from a career breakthrough.

We all hope for the same; we just don't have your unbridled faith. Every time my wife buys a lottery ticket she is convinced; "This time will be different". Of course I hope she is right even though I know she isn't.

Every player has their fan base who are perennially optimistic their guy is just one insight, one game, one play away from a career breakthrough.

We all hope for the same; we just don't have your unbridled faith. Every time my wife buys a lottery ticket she is convinced; "This time will be different". Of course I hope she is right even though I know she isn't.

Dude that is the most cherry-picked response I've ever seen! In the same sentence I said he could get pulled for poor play.

I was saying I see him either being boom or bust, but somehow you took that as me saying he was just going to boom.....I'm assuming your computer has a glitch where it shows parts of peoples post....

Dude that is the most cherry-picked response I've ever seen! In the same sentence I said he could get pulled for poor play.

I was saying I see him either being boom or bust, but somehow you took that as me saying he was just going to boom.....I'm assuming your computer has a glitch where it shows parts of peoples post....

Ok, then you are not fantasizing teddy will have a banner game against Seattle?

Let's say that Bridgewater, defying all expectations, starts putting up Mahomes level numbers. What do we do when Drew gets back?

Hopefully Teddy lights it up. But he sits, once Drew would return. My biggest fear for Drew is, he returns fully healed, but simply is not the same, as he was. It happens to some great players coming off an injury, late in their careers. It just takes a mental toll on them.

LOL... it doesn't just click like that. My issue with Bridgewater is he, at least, acts like he doesn't care about anything. No urgency... just looks like he's going through the motions. The team follows it and you can tell. When in preason and Hill would get in the game, they played different... more energy.. more swagger.

Ok, then you are not fantasizing teddy will have a banner game against Seattle?

No, I’m guessing that it’s feast or famine.... he either stinks or has a good game.

Reading between the lines, I think with a week with Payton it either has no effect on his poor play or a huge effect and we see a new gear.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom