WHAT IF DREW BREES JOINED THE DOLPHINS (1 Viewer)

I'm pretty sure Brees wouldn't have been as successful in Miami. It was his pairing with SP that brought the magic. I think they would've been an average team. Just me.

OP, please learn the difference between past tense and past perfect. Thread title scared me.

He'd have failed because all Dolphins QBs fail.

What if Barry Sanders didnt retire and the Lions FO treated him right?

Emmit Smith would never have the rushing yards record.
I got an even better one.

What if the Lions traded Barry Sanders to the Dolphins and team up with Dan Marino while he was still in his prime? Crazy how the Dolphins never thought about that.

Saban didn’t like Thomas because Thomas was the Dolphins Alpha Male and it threatened Saban.

Saban had that reputation for being prickly at LSU but it went over better because he was dealing with kids and boosters who were just happy to be winning.

I’d heard a story from a booster about when he was at LSU and a grad student in the athletic office greeted him when he came in the building. The student was later reprimanded by someone in the athletic office and told that “when coach Saban comes in the building, he is already quite focused on his tasks for the day and speaking to him creates an unwanted distraction that he will not tolerate. You are not to speak to or make eye contact with Coach Saban”.

I always thought that was one of those urban legend stories but this booster was adamant that it was true. Who knows? But I guess when there’s smoke, there’s usually fire.

Saban has a deep love for the NFL. He always wanted to be a successful NFL coach and there’s a reason he’s never gone back after all these years. It’s because he knows he can’t scare players into doing things the way he wants and he’s incapable of coaching any other way.

I suspect it's true. Brody Miller actually sent out this Tweet this morning about Saban interacting with Doug Aucoin, LSU Footballs' long time head of video. Saban is a great coach but a terrible person:

Saban didn’t like Thomas because Thomas was the Dolphins Alpha Male and it threatened Saban.

Saban had that reputation for being prickly at LSU but it went over better because he was dealing with kids and boosters who were just happy to be winning.

I’d heard a story from a booster about when he was at LSU and a grad student in the athletic office greeted him when he came in the building. The student was later reprimanded by someone in the athletic office and told that “when coach Saban comes in the building, he is already quite focused on his tasks for the day and speaking to him creates an unwanted distraction that he will not tolerated. You are not to speak to or make eye contact with Coach Saban”.

I always thought that was one of those urban legend stories but this booster was adamant that it was true. Who knows? But I guess when there’s smoke, there’s usually fire.

Saban has a deep love for the NFL. He always wanted to be a successful NFL coach and there’s a reason he’s never gone back after all these years. It’s because he knows he can’t scare players into doing things the way he wants and he’s incapable of coaching any other way.
Very well said. Funny thing was that he had a real affection for Ricky William.

A pretty cool feature on nfl.com airing right now.....could you imagine if Breesus had signed with the Dolphins?? I don't even want to think about it....haha.

What if my aunt had a well hell yall get the point

I’d heard a story from a booster about when he was at LSU and a grad student in the athletic office greeted him when he came in the building. The student was later reprimanded by someone in the athletic office and told that “when coach Saban comes in the building, he is already quite focused on his tasks for the day and speaking to him creates an unwanted distraction that he will not tolerate. You are not to speak to or make eye contact with Coach Saban”.

I heard pretty much the same thing years ago.

One guy told me once that his sister in law worked in the athletic dept. at LSU and if Saban was walking down a hallway people would intentionally avoid him because of his demeanor and the horrendous way he treated people.

Great coach but a really crappy person.

If Brees joined the Dolphins, the Saints would be the L.A. team right now.

If you want honesty and not hyperbole, not one person would have wanted Drew Brees had he not been hurt and was just a free agent. He was mediocre at best at the Chargers. If he was, why draft Rivers? As for going to Miami, there is no way in hell he would have had the numbers he has. Nick isn’t nor hasn’t been a pass happy coach. So long story short he ended up where he supposed to a HOFER and not a Monday morning QB.

If you want honesty and not hyperbole, not one person would have wanted Drew Brees had he not been hurt and was just a free agent. He was mediocre at best at the Chargers. If he was, why draft Rivers? As for going to Miami, there is no way in hell he would have had the numbers he has. Nick isn’t nor hasn’t been a pass happy coach. So long story short he ended up where he supposed to a HOFER and not a Monday morning QB.
i can't grasp the misconception of brees being mediocre with the chargers.

'02 and '03 weren't his greatest, but '04 and '05 he was one of the best in the league.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom