what if next year never comes (1 Viewer)

SouthernMissSaint

Veteran Starter
Reaction score
As a life long Who Dat, wait until next year has been an eternal theme. Through the good and bad years, hope was always around the corner. Some years a playoff berth was optimistic, but some years, such as '87, '91, 2000, 2006, '10-'13 and last year, the season ended with hope of a title run next year. And without fail, all those "next years"ended without the trophy. This year being the most difficult to come to terms with for obvious reasons. I just cant shake the feeling that this was "next year". I cant see a point at which i will reach the next year optimism in 2019.

Not trying to be a downer, but no way does Brees complete 75% and throw 5 picks next year. He will be one more year less mobile, and less accurate on deep passes. We will not likely stay as healthy as we did this year among our elites such as Brees, Thomas, Kamara, Cam, Latt, Davis, etc. Our O-line will be older and more prone to injury, and is already showing signs of needed improvement.

We still play in the best division in the league, so every year will be hard to host a playoff game, and other teams will get better in the NFC. Number one seed and Dome field advantage is far from likely next year. We could easily be a wild card team headed to Chicago next December, and be looking forward to next year again. It takes breaks, bounces, and luck to reach the point we were Sunday, up to the no call.

My point being, this was next year. All the stars were lined up this year. We were number one, healthy by NFL standards, and one correct call away from the dream Brees- Brady matchup. How can next year possibly be better set up for success? This team, city, region, and fan base were robbed of our neat year. That can NEVER be fixed, regardless of the 2019 season. What are we suppose to be looking forward to next year? Why would we think that given a similar scenario, the outcome would be different? We will never get the benefit of a call as long as Peyton is our coach, and we strive against larger money markets. What is our hope?

Saints football is a way of life for many of us. Saints fans are like extended family. This forum has been an oasis to me since i found you guys, and i feel like i know many of you even though we have never met. I will remain steadfast to the Saints experience in all these ways, but I'm lost in how to approach the NFL business any longer. Any answers as to how to continue?

I want to tell each of you how much i empathize with your hurt and anger. For some it was tears, others screams, others a sleepless night, or sick stomach, or headache. The pain is real for us all now, and history has been altered, but we all have shared this with each other, and we are fortunate to have each other now. Thanks for letting me vent, as I have read each and every one of your words. Thankful for Saints Report. Bless you all.

P.S. I despise the NFL

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom