What if only less than 50 million people lived on Earth centuries from now (1 Viewer)

Saintman2884

Hall-of-Famer
Reaction score
Sticky Post
After a devastating biological contagion killed 80-85% of the Earths population, centuries later, maybe 300-400 years later perhaps:

Can you imagine what this post-apocalyptic world would LOOK LIKE to its survivors?

I repeat: What would this geologically ravaged world LOOK LIKE to its survivors?

How should or could we imagine SEEING it?

Bill

Still Leaking Gold
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Damn.

Less than 50 million?

That cuts my chances of getting a girlfriend down drastically.
Yeah, I hear ya. šŸ˜„
But if the ratio of survivors are 1000 to 1 in favor of the ladies... I might actually have a shot. :scratch:

tomwaits

Frontier Psychiatrist
Reaction score
I think a lot of this scenario depends on where the population decreases happen. Are they spread around the globe equally, or in large pockets?
What do you mean by geologically ravaged world? Like nature reclaiming cities and stuff like that?

I don't think I understand the scenario.

tomwaits

Frontier Psychiatrist
Reaction score
I could get it done in an afternoon. Haha I would work backwards. I wouldn't pick who stays...I'd pick who goes.
You would make a mistake that would doom you all. The Golgafrincham thought they could do it also and they were wiped out due to who they picked would be gone.

OP

Saintman2884

Hall-of-Famer
Reaction score
Tom, you might have situations like the ones we have now. Except on a more scattered, remote, far more spread out similar to medieval Europe: villages, smaller autonomous sorts of communities, maybe smaller-medium sized cities with decent remaining infrastructure or at least cities with functional infrastructural apparatuses. You would have entire regions, large terrains on most continents (save Antarctica) where population density was minimal or scarce.

The best historical analogy I could maybe cite would be late antiquity Roman-controlled Western Europe and parts of North Africa. When you have a systems collapse, especially one on the scale of a very long-lasting, very effective, pragmatic system of civil and imperial governance that Roman Empire provided for nearly 500 years, that's a hard damaging body blow to recover from. Major paradigm shifts in predominant cultural, social, political, and religious beliefs are also bound to occur.

I hope my explanation helps clear up any unnecessary confusion, or questions you might have, Tom.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Headlines

Top Bottom