What if only less than 50 million people lived on Earth centuries from now (1 Viewer)

Saintman2884

Hall-of-Famer
Reaction score
After a devastating biological contagion killed 80-85% of the Earths population, centuries later, maybe 300-400 years later perhaps:

Can you imagine what this post-apocalyptic world would LOOK LIKE to its survivors?

I repeat: What would this geologically ravaged world LOOK LIKE to its survivors?

How should or could we imagine SEEING it?

Snoopy, it would sort of be like living in a pre-Neolithic Ice Age hunter-gatherer sort of civilization or culture that existed before the end of the last global Ice Age that ended about 10,000 years ago when global temperatures warmed up and Ice caps retreated.

Except in my scenario, there's no Ice Age or frankly any other major drastic climate change occurring worldwide.

If you talk to most physical anthropologists, most individual hunter-gatherers barely survived childhood and those that did, usually were lucky to reach 40 and the few that did, we know from forensic skeletal analysis, they suffered deep muscle contusions, knee, back, and leg severe arthritic pains, blood clots, brain hemorrhages due to hunting and killing large mammals such as Wooly Mammoths, Sloths, Saber-Tooth Tigers, and Mastodons. It was due to over-hunting for food by hunter-gatherers that led to Mammoths, Mastodons, and Saber-tooth tigers, as well as Dire Wolves going extinct by the early neo-Neolithic period, unlike their primordial dinosaur ancestors.

Would far less people not knowing who Keisha is or her biggest, well-known song or video is really be such a bad thing?

As you can clearly tell, I'm not a big fan of her or her music.

Did you read the Georgia stones about the world’s population?

I can't imagine that we would go back to being hunter gatherers. Did we forget about agriculture? Did the Cows all grow to 10x their normal size preventing us from getting their milk?

I can't imagine that we would go back to being hunter gatherers. Did we forget about agriculture? Did the Cows all grow to 10x their normal size preventing us from getting their milk?
Yeah, I kind of imagine that people would hub up to keep the same way of life going

If I remember correctly from Guns, Germs, Steal (I think that was the title), Europe was able to progress the fastest bc it’s climate was the most stable and thus agriculture was able to thrive without a lot of feast/famine cycles
So I could see maybe a European hub and a china/India hub
Then there would be cool vacation opportunities in Africa and the Americas

Now that I think about it 2884 is talking me into this

Any attempt at an answer would depend on what's keeping the population so low.

Damn.

Less than 50 million?

That cuts my chances of getting a girlfriend down drastically.

This scenario would actually increase your chances. People would be less picky regarding who they couple up with. Assuming you are separated remotely in isolation or anything.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom