What if (Saints Super Bowl hypothetical) (1 Viewer)

Pick four receivers and one (1) RB for one last play to get in FG range in the Super Bowl

• Total voters

ndcc

Saints' fan 4ever
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Sad to leave NOLA to AZ; going into ministry
You can pick any (current or former Saints) four receivers (all wideouts, or mix a tight end or two), and one running back for a play to get into field goal range. Score is Saints down by two with 10 seconds left and 1 time out.

Fourth and ten from the opponent's forty. You have to get to their thirty to give Hartley a shot at a 48 yd field goal. Again, pick any FOUR receivers and one (1) running back. Consider all players to be in their prime for this play.

:gosaints:

I thought it said Ricky Jackson. Damn it! **** Ricky Williams! I did question why he'd be on the list when you're picking 5-O guys. Deuce as my all time saints RB.

Hartley would probably miss the FG anyway.....

JK!

Anyway. I picked Horn, Colston, Graham and PT

If we're doing hypotheticals, I'd put Reggie Bush and Darren Sproles (one in backfield, the other split out wide) on the field at the same time, with Colston, Jimmy Graham, and Lance Moore. Try defending THAT group!

Give me D sproles, E Martin,M Coloston,Jimmy Graham,& lance Moore. In that's $ in the bank if Hartley can make the FG! Lol if not it can be a Touchdown Saints win...

I went Colston, Moore, Graham, and Meachem (I may be a little biased because I just watched the '09 Redskins game highlight tape. And Reggie b/c is just seemed like those 2 min drills that Reggie excelled at Sproles seemed to make big drops on last season.

Galbreath was my other RB for the hands and sureness. Pure running back for rushing would have been Deuce.

Colston, Horn, Chandler. 3 best WR's. Jimmy Graham. Best TE. If we're talking about in their prime, I might just forget about throwing it, hand it off to Earl Campbell, and watch him drag 9 players 15 yards after laying out 2.

Jimmy Graham, Lance Moore, Joe Horn, Eric Martin for receivers and then Pierre Thomas coming out of the backfield running a screen. Pick one

Joe Horn, Colston, Meachem, and Jimmy (WR)

Deuce (RB)

I doubt we'd go with a 4 WR and RB set in that situation. If we did the opposing defense would just blitz the crap out of us.

Why put a RB on the field at all? With 10 seconds he is not going to get you 40 yards. Rather another blocker or just go 5 wide.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom