What if (Saints Super Bowl hypothetical) (1 Viewer)

Pick four receivers and one (1) RB for one last play to get in FG range in the Super Bowl

• Total voters
Shockey, Graham, Horn, & Colston
RB Bush & since its a hypothetical debate Archie QB.

I doubt we'd go with a 4 WR and RB set in that situation. If we did the opposing defense would just blitz the crap out of us.

Why put a RB on the field at all? With 10 seconds he is not going to get you 40 yards. Rather another blocker or just go 5 wide.

I don't even think the most blitz happy DC like Williams would risk sending more than 5, and that's even up blocking. On a single play game you're not going to risk leaving Brees a hot read. Maybe you'd blitz Kaepernick or Dilfer, but zero chance you blitz Brees there.

If Brees converts against a normal defense you lose, get some minor flak and it's all Brees being good and the defense trying its best. If he converts against a blitz you take a big sausage from the media and may get fired if you're not solid in your job for needlessly rolling the dice with it all on the line.

Horn, colston, graham, sproles, and bush. F*** a field goal DATS a TD!!! WHO DAT BABY!?!

I can't believe Earl Campbell was even considered, he was at the end of his career when he came here.

I liked Eric Martin and Joe Horn. Can you imagine Brees airing it out to Martin? I think he was better than the receivers we have today.

I can't believe Earl Campbell was even considered, he was at the end of his career when he came here.

I liked Eric Martin and Joe Horn. Can you imagine Brees airing it out to Martin? I think he was better than the receivers we have today.

On the initial post, I said: "Consider each player to be in their PRIME for this play."

:gosaints:

PT or Deuce???? Went with PT bc his hands are slightly better than Deuce's. Both can get the tough yards though.

Wes Chandler was a bad boy in his day so I will take him Graham,Horn,Colston and DEUCE.I wont trust Hartley to make the field goal so i will hope for a fifth pick and take Anderson to kick the winning points.

Wes Chandler was a bad boy in his day so I will take him Graham,Horn,Colston and DEUCE.I wont trust Hartley to make the field goal so i will hope for a fifth pick and take Anderson to kick the winning points.

For those who didn't see Wes Chandler in his prime, watch this!!!!!

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/DU0JzMhHdKM" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

:gosaints:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom