What if Taysom gets a 1st round tender? (1 Viewer)

If we get a first round pick offer for Taysom, do we take it?

• No. Taysom is the heir apparent, and Sean has already said he could be the next Steve Young.

Votes: 51 30.7%
  • Yes. Taysom is amazing gadget guy, but we could get a potential every down player or trade up.

Votes: 115 69.3%

• Total voters
Look the dude is a tremendous athlete and by all accounts a high character player who teammates like and respect. He is a great story no doubt and his selflessness has been demonstrated by doing whatever the team asked. However, if some team is dumb enough to part with a first round pick for a backup QB that has run the wildcat and only thrown it a handful of times in the last few years you take it. Jimmy Garoppolo was traded for a 2nd rounder for goodness sake. A first round pick for Hill would be us winning.

At the time he was traded to SF, Garoppolo had done absolutely nothing on the field to warrant anyone giving a 1st for him, other than being picked in the 2nd round by the Patriots.

no tender 12million dollar contract is what I think happens

no tender 12million dollar contract is what I think happens
So you think the Saints will sign him before any offers have a chance to come in? I think Taysom would agree to that if there weren't so many unknowns about when he might have a shot at starting QB. I'm sure his agent would prefer they look at some offers from other teams with more opportunities.

I don't get all the comments on Taysom not being a starting QB. He has shown the ability to master each position he has been asked to play. His receiving skills were not that great last year, and low and behold look at him now. He has learned the art of catching a football with his hands like CGM and Colston. He has been tasked with blocking as a TE, and he has mastered it. His most experience is as a QB, and he is in the best position to master that position with DB and SP mentoring him. I would not like to let him go without an opportunity for him show all of us just what he is capable of as our starting QB. SP probably has a game plan laid out just for Taysom's unique skill set.
I don't believe any 1st rounder, with absolutely NO NFL experience, trumps Taysom's proven track record of ability, effort, and drive to accomplish the coach's gameplan. Even Joe Burrow.

What ever! I guess the team you coach wins the Championship ever season?

Even at the 22.6% of Offensive snaps he out played Ginn and TQS who had significantly more snaps!

Hill-19/234/6TD + 27/156/1TD rushing
Ginn-30/421/2TD + 3/18/0TD rushing
TQS-18/234/5TD

So receiving wise, Hill and TQS had even numbers and Hill played in 217 less snaps! And 366 less snaps than Ginn.

It’s not all about the percentage of snaps but what you do with the snaps you get.

Just truth:
Ginn is old now and his deep speed isn’t utilized by Drew, and TQS is a terrible wide receiver. Taysom is an amazing player and fun to watch.

Just truth:
Ginn is old now and his deep speed isn’t utilized by Drew, and TQS is a terrible wide receiver. Taysom is an amazing player and fun to watch.
"Old" Ginn's deep speed would be used if Drew had an arm to get it to him.

I would love to keep him but depending on how much the offered contract is would be what made my decision. If it's not an outrageous money amount, I'd lean towards keeping him. He can change the momentum of the game at any time. Can a first round pick do that going forward? Maybe... but unless the money is cost prohibitive, I'm keeping Taysom.

Brandon Cooks got us the last pick in the 1st round. That became Ryan Ramczyk. As much as I love Taysom, I couldn't turn down a first round compensation for him with Jeff Ireland making the calls.

Last edited:
the system works because you get to decide what the players value is. They get first shot at him and if they pass they get the pick they think he was worth. It works from the players perspective (although not quite to the extent that UFA does) because if a team tries to low ball too much they end up getting nada.

so the question is, can Loomis and Co. put the right value on him and yes I believe wholeheartedly they can.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom