What if Taysom gets a 1st round tender? (1 Viewer)

If we get a first round pick offer for Taysom, do we take it?

• No. Taysom is the heir apparent, and Sean has already said he could be the next Steve Young.

Votes: 51 30.7%
  • Yes. Taysom is amazing gadget guy, but we could get a potential every down player or trade up.

Votes: 115 69.3%

• Total voters
Where are you guys getting your info from? It's really off. He's in on 22.6% of our offensive snaps, and at #17 for total snaps among offensive players (#10 amongst non-linemen)

snapcounts.jpg

Not sure how accurate this is. It doesn't show when he played fullback, running back, TE, slot receiver, or receiver. So that 22.65% would definitely increase to 50% or more.

What ever! I guess the team you coach wins the Championship ever season?

Even at the 22.6% of Offensive snaps he out played Ginn and TQS who had significantly more snaps!

Hill-19/234/6TD + 27/156/1TD rushing
Ginn-30/421/2TD + 3/18/0TD rushing
TQS-18/234/5TD

So receiving wise, Hill and TQS had even numbers and Hill played in 217 less snaps! And 366 less snaps than Ginn.

It’s not all about the percentage of snaps but what you do with the snaps you get.

Nobody here is saying that Ginn or TQS is any good. They are garbage. That has nothing to do with what we were talking about. You and I were never discussing whether or not Taysom Hill is better than TQS/Ginn.

You said that Taysom gets 50% of the offensive snaps. I showed you that you were wrong. Move on.

Not sure how accurate this is. It doesn't show when he played fullback, running back, TE, slot receiver, or receiver. So that 22.65% would definitely increase to 50% or more.

That's not how that list works. He played 22.65% of the snaps, regardless of where he lined up.

If it were just "how many snaps did he take at QB" it'd be like 3%.

Let me ask another question regarding Taysom. Everyone is worried about his age. But if you could get another 5-7 years of the current Taysom or even at QB, would you still want to trade him for a 1st rounder?

Better to have one Taysom on hand, than future 1st round in bush...…..see what I did there? Keep Taysom, proven leader now vs the unknown factor.

I think the best bet to get value for Taysom would be in a trade up along with the 24th pick. This years draft is really deep and if we could trade Taysom and #24 up high enough to get one of Okudah, Simmons, Jeudy, or Lamb would you do it? A team like the Colts at 13 looks like an ideal situation. They already use a mobile QB offense and have a deep threat in Hilton. I think this appeals to them because it gets them a short term solution at QB without losing a first round pick. They have an extra early second round pick so they would have a chance to really load up on talent.

If we did keep Taysom I would like to see him run more bootleg plays. Teams can't contain him with 1 player in front of him on the edge, he can run over or around just about anyone, the real key to this would be a good deep threat for Taysom.

In the immortal words of The Million dollar man, everyone has a price....money money money money moneeeeeey

Why , so we can draft another Stephone anthony ?

Taysom Hill is the only reason we win some of the close games we do win.

He was by far the best player on either team in our playoff game

And Sean Payton thinks hes the second coming of Steve Young ???!!

And yall want to trade him for unproven commodities ???

Stop it , it hurts ???

I don't think you will have to worry about that.

Not a chance he gets a first round tender. Other than CGM it is a stretch for me to see any of our players that would. AK, Jordan maybe. Drew maybe. Taysom? Nah.

I think Taysom will get a first round tender to lessen the offers for him. If he has a 2nd round tender and someone wants to give Taysom a starting QB shot with 15 million a year (while just having to give up a 2nd rounder).......do you think the Saints will match it and keep him? Wouldn't Taysom get less offers if he's a 1st round tender, hence less chance of the Saints having to match a huge offer?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom