What if Taysom gets a 1st round tender? (1 Viewer)

If we get a first round pick offer for Taysom, do we take it?

• No. Taysom is the heir apparent, and Sean has already said he could be the next Steve Young.

Votes: 51 30.7%
  • Yes. Taysom is amazing gadget guy, but we could get a potential every down player or trade up.

Votes: 115 69.3%

• Total voters
I've been pretty consistent whet it comes to age an football players, so I would take pick and run. I don't think anyone will give up a 1st for him though.

Yes. Taysom is amazing gadget guy, but we could get a potential every down player or trade up.“

If the Saints let it happen, Taysom Hill could be an “every down player”.

I am sure I do not have the popular answer, but to me it is hard to pass up a first round pick for an undrafted guy who plays so few plays. Yes, he is an amazing talent and gadget guy, but I would prefer to either get another every down contributor like a WR, OL or LB or to possibly package the pick with our other first to move up to get a player they want. What do y'all think?
Taysom is money in the bank, points on the board. There's a lot of 1st round disasters. Taysom knows how to score.

I forget what some folks on here said the first round tender would cost. If memory serves me correctly I think it is around 3.5 mil? IDK but I think he is worth that money as a minimum. Then if some team comes along with a resonable contract for him we can match. If it is a crazy starter esque QB contract then we have him tendered and get a first round pick. I see a first round tender for him as a no brainer.

I forget what some folks on here said the first round tender would cost. If memory serves me correctly I think it is around 3.5 mil? IDK but I think he is worth that money as a minimum. Then if some team comes along with a resonable contract for him we can match. If it is a crazy starter esque QB contract then we have him tendered and get a first round pick. I see a first round tender for him as a no brainer.
A lot of people think they know what Taysom is worth, but are discounting what teams will be willing to pay. Overpay? Probably, but I bet there will be some surprising offers.

A lot of people think they know what Taysom is worth, but are discounting what teams will be willing to pay. Overpay? Probably, but I bet there will be some surprising offers.

This is exactly what I am getting at. Give him the first round tender and see what other teams think he is worth. worst case scenario in my mind is we cannot or will not match it and get a first round pic.

Where are you guys getting your info from? It's really off. He's in on 22.6% of our offensive snaps, and at #17 for total snaps among offensive players (#10 amongst non-linemen)

You forget there was the stretch of 5 games where Drew was hurt and we were down to 2 QB’s where he wasn’t used very much on offense. If you look at Clapp’s snaps, he was right at 30% which means we were in the heavy run set.

You forget there was the stretch of 5 games where Drew was hurt and we were down to 2 QB’s where he wasn’t used very much on offense. If you look at Clapp’s snaps, he was right at 30% which means we were in the heavy run set.
Exactly.

And if you look at the Minn game, he played in 41% of the offensive snaps and 85% of the SpT snaps.

If you account for that and just use his averages with Brees, he jumps up to a whopping 32% of snaps, and goes from the 17th most utilized offensive player to the 16th. He jumped Will Clapp - cool I guess.

If you account for that and just use his averages with Brees, he jumps up to a whopping 32% of snaps, and goes from the 17th most utilized offensive player to the 16th. He jumped Will Clapp - cool I guess.

What ever! I guess the team you coach wins the Championship ever season?

Even at the 22.6% of Offensive snaps he out played Ginn and TQS who had significantly more snaps!

Hill-19/234/6TD + 27/156/1TD rushing
Ginn-30/421/2TD + 3/18/0TD rushing
TQS-18/234/5TD

So receiving wise, Hill and TQS had even numbers and Hill played in 217 less snaps! And 366 less snaps than Ginn.

It’s not all about the percentage of snaps but what you do with the snaps you get.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom