What if the Saints were in the Superbowl ! (3 Viewers)

drbleedgold

Pro-Bowler
Reaction score
After watching LSU win a national championship in the Superdome I can't help wondering what it would be like if the Saints were going to play in a Superbowl in New Orleans. Now I hope They get to a Superbowl before it ever comes back to New Orleans, but I just think it would something absolutley unbieveable. What does everyone else think.

It would be one of the best things to happen in my life

top 10 for sure

I'd be esstatatic

and i would find some way to get in

I think the best chance we have for a N.O. team to get a championship team this year is the Hornets. Their playing their best Ball in arguably franchise's history. If they make a solid deep playoff run, this town would rally around them.

why? Because we want a winner and we have always been denied it to some extent. if the Hornets can do the unthinkable and maybe the Saints next year, it would be a good trifecta in this state's long history.
but first things first, lets all hope for a good season from the Bees right now. I really think that they are doing something we did last year and take it to the next level with a championship season

has a team ever played a superbowl at there own stadium? that would be amazingly lucky if a team could get in the superbowl at there own stadium

has a team ever played a superbowl at there own stadium? that would be amazingly lucky if a team could get in the superbowl at there own stadium

The majority of the Superbowls have been played in cities where the teams historically aren't very good (Tempe, New Orleans, Tampa, Atlanta, San Diego, LA) with Miami being the exception in that regard. Only Miami and Tampa (and the LA Raiders) have won Superbowls, Atlanta and San Diego each went to one but none of them played in their home city. The closest it has ever come was Superbowl 14 when the Rams lost to the Steelers in the Rose Bowl, the Rams playing in Anaheim at the time.

It would trump the LSU nat'l championship game 100 fold and im not exageratting.

Millions would be spent all over the city just to make it an even bigger deal.
Picture "Champions" Spelled out along the Mississippi River channel using High powered lights, Fireworks Galore of Gold and white popping over the Crescent city connection and around the Superdome, On top of the Superdome Roof " Saints 20XX Champions " again spelled out with high powered lights, projections or lasers.
We'll already know Decatur st, Bourbon street, Canal street. Poydras, St Charles and all over various of the state will be a Mad House.
Imagine one of the longest nights of your life, And lets not forget Superbowl is around Carnival on top of all of that, we'll be able to see our Superbowl Babies on their own Customized Floats.

If we won, it would be a perfect time for me to jump off the bandwagon. I'm to old for this stuff.

If LSU and the Saints won in the same year, it would probably feel something like Boston feels right now :) Heck, throw the Hornets and Zephyrs in there too!

This will happen the same year I finally hit the lottery, Catherine Zeta Jones dumps Michael Douglas to become my love-slave, alien spaceships land on the White House lawn, and they finally quit showing that damned "when the saints go marching in" commercial.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom