What if we finish with worst defense ever again? (1 Viewer)

Saints318

ALL-MADDEN TEAM
Reaction score
Last season's worst defense ever averaged giving up 413.5 yards and 29.75 points per game.

The Raiders scored 35 and got 486 in our home opener.

Now with Breaux hurt.... there's nothing to make us feel like it's going to improve.

This will be 3 times in a row we've broken our own record for being the worst ever.

How can you be the worst EVER 3 times in a row. That has to be a record too.

So my question is what happens?

Nothing?

Payton isn't going anywhere. Loomis isn't going anywhere.

Dennis Allen is not going anywhere.

That leaves Vitt and Johnson... and we all know they have pictures of Payton and Loomis doing God knows what.
Even if by some miracle they were replaced, how big a difference could the new position coaches make under Allen, Payton and Loomis?

Free Agency, the cap, dead money, the draft... you could say we have finished last in those 3 years in a row as well and we will have huge needs everywhere.

What is to make us feel like anything will change?

The vodka is gone... please talk me down from the ledge.

We will just bring in another crop of young defenders and FAs with the same staff/system and expect a different result.

:banghead:

Last season's worst defense ever averaged giving up 413.5 yards and 29.75 points per game.

Now with Breaux hurt.... there's nothing to make us feel like it's going to improve.

This will be 3 times in a row we've broken our own record for being the worst ever.

Nothing?

That leaves Vitt and Johnson... and we all know they have pictures of Payton and Loomis doing God knows what.
Even if by some miracle they were replaced, how big a difference could the new position coaches make under Allen, Payton and Loomis?

Free Agency, the cap, dead money, the draft... you could say we have finished last in those 3 years in a row as well and we will have huge needs everywhere.

If it happens then it will be quite an accomplishment. Nothing we can do like you said Payton and Loomis are going nowhere no matter what happens this season.

Nothing?

Well, it's week 2 so we have a long way to go before we break our own record, that would take an epic failure on so many levels.

Plus we can always root for the Colts or Raiders defense to be worse, that is a possibility.

One game down and we're already playing the "what if" game to the negative extreme.

Good grief people.

Fine. I'll play.

What if...we don't finish with the worst defense?

What if...the Raiders turn out to be a pretty damn good offense?

One that our "garbage" defense held in check for the first three quarters.

What if...the Saints go on to make the playoffs? Will these panic posts finally stop?

No.

What if...you stopped drinking the vodka and switched to water? Would your health improve?

Yes. And probably your sanity as well.

What if...

Nevermind.

What if we just stopped complaining and simply took time to enjoy our favorite team. No, I don't like losing. But that game was pretty darn exciting = entertainment value.

While we're discussing "what ifs", what if we go 15-1?

For goodness sake, we've played 1 game. I refuse to give up hope before the playoffs start. If we're not in at that time, I'll give up and move on to 2017.

We will just bring in another crop of young defenders and FAs with the same staff/system and expect a different result.

:banghead:

Pretty much this.

This is not an indictment against our offense or Sean, but the brand of football we play leads to the defense being on the field more than a typical defense should.

You'll have 7 months to contemplate and feel depressed if we bomb this season after the season actually happens.

No point in getting a head start. Just try to enjoy that football is back (NFL and otherwise) and we'll revisit this if we are eliminated from the playoffs.

That's my advice to myself. I'd recommend it for others.

One game down and we're already playing the "what if" game to the negative extreme.

Good grief people.

Fine. I'll play.

What if...we don't finish with the worst defense?

What if...the Raiders turn out to be a pretty damn good offense?

One that our "garbage" defense held in check for the first three quarters.

What if...the Saints go on to make the playoffs? Will these panic posts finally stop?

No.

What if...you stopped drinking the vodka and switched to water? Would your health improve?

Yes. And probably your sanity as well.

What if...

Nevermind.

Babe Ruth style swing and a miss

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom