What internet safety measures do you use? (1 Viewer)

Heathen Saint

"Socially distanced"
VIP Subscribing Member
Reaction score
Recently I was notified that my PayPal account had been accessed by somebody in Moscow. I had some internet security on my computer before but lately I've been overdoing it--mostly just because of the huge uprising in cyber crime worldwide.

Heck, for all I know, someone might already have archived most of what I've said/entered online and I'm as good as organized on a shelf for later use. Who knows--that's the scary thing about it. Anyway, to make matters worse my idiotic self signed up for Kaspersky and then discovered that they had been hacked into two days before :covri::covri:. I was going to delete my account but saw some reviews online saying that the company probably was still just as safe as all of the others.

Anyway--what all do you guys use as far as internet security? Malware/adware detectors, antivirus, VPN, even services that can remove your information offline?

ETA: Actually just found out the email message about fraudulent activity was a phishing scam

- Microsoft Security Essentials (or defender or whatever it's called now)
- ad blocker browser extension
- ad blocker on firewall
- use https everywhere browser extension
- use paypal for all online payments
- don't open any attachments/links in an email about needing to log into any account I have. Go directly to website instead.
- use vpn for all public wifi

Every time I get offline, I spray my screen with Lysol to protect from viruses.

No antivirus in the world can protect your PayPal acoount....they accessed it through your password. If you've ever clicked on a link through an email, that's likely how they obtained it. Phishing emails look totally legit.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom