What is Anthony Davis trade value? (1 Viewer)

Nightshade

Super Forum Fanatic
Reaction score
Say for instance the Knicks were willing to part with #1 pick had they won, with the #3 pick what else would they have to offer?

I would say, at a minimum, #3, Dennis Smith Jr., Kevin Knox and at least 1 future 1st round pick

Minimum. I would say possible another first likely.

Saying that a starting line up of DSJ, Holiday, Barrett/Knox, Zion & ________ would be entertaining for sure.

Everything AND the kitchen sink. But seriously I think saintbilly's about right on this one. Pels hold all the cards now.

Here is Anthony Davis' "trade me to a contender" logic as I understand it.

The 3 teams in the best position to trade for him are the Lakers, Knicks and Celtics.

The only team close to being a contender, in that group, is the Celtics.

AD is not open to signing an extension with the Celtics.

Makes sense to me.

Here is Anthony Davis' "trade me to a contender" logic as I understand it.

The 3 teams in the best position to trade for him are the Lakers, Knicks and Celtics.

The only team close to being a contender, in that group, is the Celtics.

AD is not open to signing an extension with the Celtics.

Makes sense to me.

He is chasing a dream of the Knicks also landing Kyrie and KD. A team with the 3 of them will contend. Same with the Lakers, he is looking to pair with Lebron and assumes a 3rd big name would follow. He has to assume that superstars will just not sign in New Orleans so he can never get a "Big 3" situation here. But I would say winning will change that.

A Knicks offer should include the #3 (Barrett), Knox, Robinson, Smith (who may be dealt to a 3rd team) and the Dallas 2021 and 2023 1st rounders.
A Celtics offer should include Tatum, Brown, Smart, Williams and the Kings pick (#14), Clippers pick (#20) and the Memphis 2020 top 6 protected pick.
A Lakers offer should include Ingram, Ball, Kuzma, Wagner and 2-3 1st rounders.

Now, I would expect all the teams to initially offer less than that, but that is where I would hope the Pels push them to as far as an offer. Even at that, the Lakers offer would worry me because of Ingram's health.

The Clippers could offer SGA, Shamet, Harrell, Gallinari and 1-2 of their own 1st rounders with the 2021 Miami unprotected 1st rounder (if they think they have a shot at another star FA to pair with AD).

Ok, so I'm not a big basketball fan so in your opinions, which would be the best trade for the Pels?

Z

Ok, so I'm not a big basketball fan so in your opinions, which would be the best trade for the Pels?

Z

With Celtics having poor lottery luck, they fall down the list unless they are willing to unload everything.

I am still high on the Knicks, but I don't think we move Dennis Smith Jr to another team unless we get another piece to replace him.

I think you have to wait until the draft. Amp the price for Davis as much as possible to get as many teams as possible. Offer Davis the max deal and he will reject it. Make a deal with the Knicks or if the Lakers make the Lakers make a deal with the Knicks to get you the number three pick to take Zion Williamson's Duke teammate RJ Barrett. Try to get shooters to fill out the roster with players from the Lakers. Zion needs the ball and shooters to kick out to. The biggest weakness New Orleans has had is no one wants to play here. If Zion likes playing with Barrett then that is like a double glue to build some unity for the Pelicans organization. Davis is acting like a spoiled player quitting on this organization. You get as many future first rounders as you can and try to build a young team. Avoid over priced mid level salaries. The biggest mistake the Pelicans made with Davis was trading away first rounders and young players and surrounding Davis with high price underachievers or players that were not invested in being here. The Cousins experiment was a disaster. The center from Houston was a disaster. Pelicans have to build through the draft and have ruined Davis' career. The sad part is if the blood wasn't so bad. Davis and Williamson could really be something special in New Orleans.

I don't think AD gets traded this offseason, unless the offer is overwhelming. I also don't think it will be to the three teams everyone is talking about. I think David Griffin can talk him into playing at least until the deadline. A lot of things can change during the first half of a season and if he still wants to leave, then we'll examine the best options then.

I don't think AD gets traded this offseason, unless the offer is overwhelming. I also don't think it will be to the three teams everyone is talking about. I think David Griffin can talk him into playing at least until the deadline. A lot of things can change during the first half of a season and if he still wants to leave, then we'll examine the best options then.
Risky strategy. Hugh upside, huge return. AD won't play along.

I don’t think so. With Zion coming, you want to surround him with a team he can grow with from the start. Waiting might get you more, but you lose half a season of Zion playing with the team you want around him going forward.

The only real advantage to waiting is to see if AD pairs well with Zion and AD has a change of heart, seeing the possibilities. I doubt that. At 18 Zion is raw. I don’t think half a season would be enough to convince AD that he and Zion can make it together.

At this point I want AD gone, and it isn’t just because of his behavior this past year. AD is 7 years older than Zion and wants to win now. Zion needs time. He needs some rookies around him to properly grow as a player.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Twitter

Back
    Top Bottom