What is Brandin Cooks Trade Value (1 Viewer)

Maybe we have found our return man. That's several more touches a game and god knows we could us an elusive returner.

Yeah but you don't put your best receiver on return team

That's an injury waiting to happen. It may sound superficial but you have to put the more disposable guys back there. Whatever happened to Tommylee?

Yeah but you don't put your best receiver on return team

That's an injury waiting to happen. It may sound superficial but you have to put the more disposable guys back there. Whatever happened to Tommylee?

Cooks isn't back returning because he's not good at it. He's had his chances back there and hasn't done well.

Tommylee played Sunday and muffed a punt, thank God one of our guys dove on it.

Nothing sensitive. This thread just reeks of gossip talk in a sewing circle.

Gossip would be if the sources weren't true. Recent interviews by SP insinuate that they know he is upset but wouldn't read too far into it. The post is asking about trade value...strictly. 2nd, 3rd....nothing less nothing more. Its the sensitive people jumping on saying stuff like "already we are trying to trade hm...oh wow" that are making the thread more than what it is. The other threads were filled with opinion. The answers here should have been a round, and why, nothing more nothing less. The only gossip here were the people trying to pretend like he wasn't obviously frustrated because the tweet was "too cryptic" the same people who likely made excuses for that Kickers wife because the tweet was "too cryptic"

Nah...its sensitivity at its finest.

Reading Tripplet's recent article Brandin Cooks of New Orleans Saints hints at frustration with his use it had me wondering, as great as Cooks is, and as much as we could use him around (need to too strong a word considering we have Snead and MT), say these feelings are growing, and he does become more vocal about his disappointment in his usage, what could we net for him in a trade?

This isn't a bash Cooks thread, or a, "Cooks is just a kid, so give him time to change." This is a thread about what could we realistically expect in return for trading Cooks.

Gossip would be if the sources weren't true. Recent interviews by SP insinuate that they know he is upset but wouldn't read too far into it. The post is asking about trade value...strictly. 2nd, 3rd....nothing less nothing more. Its the sensitive people jumping on saying stuff like "already we are trying to trade hm...oh wow" that are making the thread more than what it is. The other threads were filled with opinion. The answers here should have been a round, and why, nothing more nothing less. The only gossip here were the people trying to pretend like he wasn't obviously frustrated because the tweet was "too cryptic" the same people who likely made excuses for that Kickers wife because the tweet was "too cryptic"

I honestly don't know where I went wrong in starting the thread.I thought it was a clear question, I asked a question about Cooks trade value, not people's opinion of me. Oh well.:jpshakehead:

Knew this would be a rough week for Mr. Caliente.

22986697800_4c5472346d_o.gif

As for Cooks, he aint going anywhere. Was it three weeks ago we saw the story about what close friends he and Drew have become?

Granted, it has always been natural for Saints' offensive skill players to be frustrated with lack of touches because no one gets as many as they want in our scheme and with Drew perhaps the best ever at spreading the ball around. Many players in our offense will be a bit leaner on stats at contract time, when compared to peers around the league. And if they get a 2nd contract here, it is also impacted by Drew's cap number.

But that aint what this is and it's rare for Triplett to do clickbait.

This Saints team is turning a corner and Cooks will come up big against Detroit.

It has been a tough week, but it will get remarkably better if OSU is left out of the playoffs.

Fair enough. I'm done. I let you get back to your sewing. BTW, that's a lovely quilt you're working on. :ezbill:

I honestly don't know where I went wrong in starting the thread.I thought it was a clear question, I asked a question about Cooks trade value, not people's opinion of me. Oh well.:jpshakehead:

You're a very frequent poster on this site, and have been for a long time. You know how the SSF is. Did you honestly not expect this topic to go off-the-SSF-rails? Honestly? This was a poking-the-bear kind of thread. We had that cryptic tweet from Cooks this week, and he is a player most fans generally like. So bringing up the idea of trade value for him was going to go over like a fart in church. You got some replies that were on point, but I guess you're looking at the neg rep you got. Never look at rep. It's stupid. The whole rep thing had it's purpose a few years ago, but it know longer works. Time to abolish it.

You're a very frequent poster on this site, and have been for a long time. You know how the SSF is. Did you honestly not expect this topic to go off-the-SSF-rails? Honestly? This was a poking-the-bear kind of thread. We had that cryptic tweet from Cooks this week, and he is a player most fans generally like. So bringing up the idea of trade value for him was going to go over like a fart in church.
Without sarcasm, you are right. There are quite a few knowledgeable posters who have given me the response I was looking for, and that is all I wanted (just some sort of base as to what we could expect). Thank you.

You got some replies that were on point, but I guess you're looking at the neg rep you got. Never look at rep. It's stupid. The whole rep thing had it's purpose a few years ago, but it know longer works. Time to abolish it.

I wasn't looking at neg rep as much as reading comments unrelated to the question (personal attacks more than anything). I agree that red/green thumbs have their place, but what has thrown me for a loop is how we can't even pose a question without being attacked for it. Is this what our kids go through at school? "Excuse me Ms. Kane, why do we have to put a question mark at the end of the sentence?" (Ms. Kane in response) "Billy are you stupid? Everyone, Billy is asking a stupid question. Don't be like Billy." (with no answer to the question given) I don't know, I guess I was just hoping for the unattainable.

OK everyone just relax. El Caliente never said he wanted to trade Cooks. He asked a question, what would Cook's trade value be? That is totally different from let's trade Cook's so what would his trade value be? With his skill set I would ask for no less than a 2nd rounder. But this question is just a hypothetical question, because we know he is not wanting Cooks to be traded.

Cooks is also great friends with Brees and moved right next door. He says he is like the older brother to Brees kids. Who wouldn't be upset after getting 0 catches? I would be more worried if Cooks was fine with getting 0 catches. This isn't even close to being a problem where we should be discussing a trade and I guarantee the coaches and front office haven't even had this thought come up in their head over this issue.

The thing about trades is that a team should have sufficient (and producing) depth at the position before they trade away someone that was a high draft pick and has been very productive - like Brandin Cooks. The Saints still need to do something in the future to lock down Snead. Can we say that the Saints' depth at WR is such that if we should lose to injury either Cooks, Snead, or Lewis - we have someone that will just step in their shoes and continue with similar production? If not, then IMO the Saints should not be trading any of their top 3 WRs.

The thing about trades is that a team should have sufficient (and producing) depth at the position before they trade away someone that was a high draft pick and has been very productive - like Brandin Cooks. The Saints still need to do something in the future to lock down Snead. Can we say that the Saints' depth at WR is such that if we should lose to injury either Cooks, Snead, or Lewis - we have someone that will just step in their shoes and continue with similar production? If not, then IMO the Saints should not be trading any of their top 3 WRs.

That may be the purpose of upgrading the Joker RB because that decoy affect could help still free guys up. With that being said we've been a 2 Deep speed WR team for a while and then suddenly the last 2 years its been Cooks and thats it...so its not like the offense can't function without a deep guy(though we haven't had to function without cooks in a while) I'd assume you could get a guy to just run clear outs if that was the case.

That may be the purpose of upgrading the Joker RB because that decoy affect could help still free guys up. With that being said we've been a 2 Deep speed WR team for a while and then suddenly the last 2 years its been Cooks and thats it...so its not like the offense can't function without a deep guy(though we haven't had to function without cooks in a while) I'd assume you could get a guy to just run clear outs if that was the case.

I guess I kinda like the mix we have on offense right now. I'd like the Saints to build it into next year without losing any key pieces - if possible. The Saints have to get quality replacements on the O line for the right side. IMO this Saints team is developing into the most physical Saints team that we've had in a while - on both offense and defense. Have you noticed the number of injuries that opponents have been getting the last few weeks when they play the Saints? Its like they are running into a brick wall. This young team has short comings, but being soft doesn't look like one of them. It's a team that I think could do well on the road in the playoffs, if they can just make it there.

I guess I kinda like the mix we have on offense right now. I'd like the Saints to build it into next year without losing any key pieces - if possible. The Saints have to get quality replacements on the O line for the right side. IMO this Saints team is developing into the most physical Saints team that we've had in a while - on both offense and defense. Have you noticed the number of injuries that opponents have been getting the last few weeks when they play the Saints? Its like they are running into a brick wall. This young team has short comings, but being soft doesn't look like one of them. It's a team that I think could do well on the road in the playoffs, if they can just make it there.

I'm not so sure we are quite there yet on both offensive/defensive line to be a true terror in away games but I know we scare a lot of teams no matter where they face us but there is definitely a big discrepancies between how we perform on the road BS home especially on offense.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom