What is Brandin Cooks Trade Value (1 Viewer)

El Caliente

More than 15K posts served!
VIP Subscribing Member
Reaction score
70002 via 92243 via 48109 via 92122 via 70119
Reading Tripplet's recent article Brandin Cooks of New Orleans Saints hints at frustration with his use it had me wondering, as great as Cooks is, and as much as we could use him around (need to too strong a word considering we have Snead and MT), say these feelings are growing, and he does become more vocal about his disappointment in his usage, what could we net for him in a trade?

This isn't a bash Cooks thread, or a, "Cooks is just a kid, so give him time to change." This is a thread about what could we realistically expect in return for trading Cooks.

need to too strong a word considering we have Snead and MT

It isn't too strong a word considering he's the only realistic deep threat on the team. Lose him, and the entire field becomes compressed for the defense.

Not having a safety on permanent deep duty would go a long way into blunting everything else the team is doing on offense.

Trade value? If everyone accepts your premise that he's disgruntled, almost zero trade value. Just wait for the contract to expire or for the Saints to release him. If they wanted to trade to get in front of the line ... maybe a second or a third with an average rotational player thrown in? I feel most teams would want to take their chances in the draft with a first. No need to go crazy trying to acquire someone the team is never going to successfully resign.

Edit: looks like I'm catching some blowback. I think the entire premise is asinine. I was just going along with what I think other teams would be thinking if the Saints tried to deal a disgruntled player. Summary: why trade now for someone you think will end up on the free market anyway?

a late first rounder, or early 2nd.
Here's my take, if you don't want to be here, don't let the door hit ya, where the Good Lord split ya.

What nonsense? ... All this based off of just one game where he did not record a reception? ... Cmon now .... he played a great role of a decoy taking two defenders with him .... in week 3, Julio jones just had 1 reception for 13 yds against us ... but Falcons were able to score 45 ... and we scored 49 ... Triplett needs to pull himself up ...

Belichick would trade him. It seems he always cashes in on skilled positioned players that do well one season, then gets a first round pick. I like Cooks, but if we can upgrade the defense with a beast pass rusher, I wouldn't mind.

Bad enough we gave away Kenny Stills to the Dolphins and now you think we should part ways with one of our offensive ASSETS. He IS the deep threat that no one else on our roster currently is. Just because we didn't utilize him in one game and he complains. Dez Bryant has done that from day one and have the Cowboys traded him? So I ask you who do you replace him with? He's not going anywhere.

No way you break up the band right now. We have a young, top notch receiving corp. This is the Saints remember, where Brees gets the ball to the open guy every single time. I seriously doubt Brandin Cooks is upset if we're winning games. This was a click bait article. Cooks has a very important role in this offense and he knows it. They all work together to maximize their production.

So the only proof we have he's "upset" is a Triplett article that mentions something a few weeks ago with no proof and his own interpretation of a single tweet.

Ok. Lets trade him.

This is one guy you cannot afford to lose. He's the only deep threat, big play WR we have. He's not as good as Devery, but he's pretty consistent when the ball is thrown to him. Hopefully he'll have a field day against the Falcons since Trufant is gone.

This would be an enormous mistake of epic proportions!!! I would trade Brees before I would trade any of our young receivers, and I am not kidding. These guys ARE the future of this team and will be the cornerstone of our offense for the foreseeable future. Brees, at best, has 3 years in him...AT BEST. Cooks has AT LEAST 10 years!!!

All of a sudden Brandin Cooks character is brought into question because of a damn cryptic Instagram post, and we now want to know his trade value...unbelievable.

oh for ****s sake, a player is taken out of a game by a defensive game plan and the offense adjusts for one game and we are talking trade?

tha'ts just plain stupid.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom