What is causing this offense to stall? (1 Viewer)

What’s causing this offense to stall?

• Injuries

Votes: 32 10.7%
  • Poor oline play

Votes: 32 10.7%
  • Jameis

Votes: 37 12.4%
  • Sean

Votes: 7 2.3%
  • A mix of things

Votes: 171 57.4%
  • Tacoes

Votes: 7 2.3%
  • We are fine

Votes: 12 4.0%

• Total voters
Remember, the sample size is 3 road games, all in outdoor stadiums. Things are going to pop off at home in the Dome.
These road games are gonna help us down the line. That's the tea.

I blame utter chaos.
Time to go home celebrate a successful month long road trip.

Good job guys!

Pretty simple explanation of the whole thing that is dead on accurate.

You have to give it to these guys. Away from home for a month, covid coaches, 3 road games from a road home, suspension to your starting DT. Enough injuries to fill all of the urgent care centers in Louisiana and more UDFA receiving options than a community college pro day. And an offense that relies on efficient QB play not hitting the 200 yard passing mark this season and still being 2-1 is a HUGE victory.

We lack a true number one. The best receiver we're trotting out probably wouldn't be a number two on most teams.

No one is getting open.

Receiver talent

I think it's a very poor receiving corps,

How's WR not an option??

Did we forget our starting WRs are undrafted?

One of whom is 5'6 D2 kick returner transitioning to WR??

Play them both man to man and double Kamara. Who is going to beat you consistently??
All of these people are correct.

Brees made it work because he could play this style of offense, Winston though talented might not be a good fit for this style of offense
I would disagree with this considering FSU ran an offense closer to what we run than what he was put in once he got to the league. We are looking a team full of injuries and no real depth at the WR position. But at the end of the day, we are sitting here, 2-1 and with all of the craziness we have been through, this should be seen as a win by any fan. I feel like if it was anyone under center but Winston, it would probably be more understanding about the situation.

Jameis was bad on the Bucs and bad on the saints.

It’s still early week 3 but he hasn’t done anything in week 1, week 2, and week 3.

Yes 5TD passes in week 1 but let’s not pretend like the defense has been giving Winston a silver platter
😂🤣🤣 without them superbowls bradys pretty average.

we just going pick what we like that make sense

I'm so confused.

We took ball with 9 min in 4th and by time it was over we scored 7 with under 3 min left on like 13 play drive where 11 were runs.

Icing game
The thread is really about all the points left on the field because of the rains in the poll. Comprende?

It would be awesome if our billion dollar star reciever was playing and growing some chemistry with our qb.. but here we are.

What is causing this offense to stall out when they need to put point on the board?
Field goal kicker.

In all seriousness though Its not like N.E has a junior varsity defense. They consistently field a really good to excellent one. Today the Saints scored 28 points. Previous two games N.E allowed 20 combined points

All of it.

Like Gladwell's tipping point, it's a little bit of everything. Thankfully, this coaching staff has time to work through it and we will look much different once Thomas, McCoy (hopefully) Armstead and Smith come back.

For me it’s a combo of Winston fighting himself of decisions and the Oline play. Ultimately, I think we have been really poor blocking in run and pass. But also. It’s clear Winston is fighting himself on decisions which is causing brutal stretches of nothingness.

The thing I notice is there are few timing routes being called and that is mainly because receivers are not consistently running open.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom