What is causing this offense to stall? (1 Viewer)

What’s causing this offense to stall?

• Injuries

Votes: 32 10.7%
  • Poor oline play

Votes: 32 10.7%
  • Jameis

Votes: 37 12.4%
  • Sean

Votes: 7 2.3%
  • A mix of things

Votes: 171 57.4%
  • Tacoes

Votes: 7 2.3%
  • We are fine

Votes: 12 4.0%

• Total voters
It looks to me like Jameis is going through progressions, but he’s not able to quickly anticipate where he can throw a receiver open. Most of his throws are going to guys who are either wide open due to scheme or are coming back to the ball on the sidelines.

It just feels like Jameis is holding the ball too long because he’s not trusting himself.

I hope that improves as the season progresses and he gets more comfortable with his options.

The biggest issue is WR and TE lack of talent right now. Theres a huge difference between Thomas and Sanders and this crew. The TE position is a near total waste. With that I also think Payton is keeping things vanilla and building up since the defense is doing well most of the time.

Let’s see in about 4-5 games and if Thomas comes back.

Here Winston is looking deep for too long and doesn’t look at the crossing routes. Once he does it’s too late, he chooses the wrong route, and Throckmorton gets beat. The right throw is to Taysom who has a guy trailing after the cross pick and no one is in the flat. Taysom easily gets a first down here.

Throckmorton is a weak link but that’s expected. He’s not horrible but not going to hold his block forever. I wonder what Landon Young can contribute at guard.

Attachments

• 1E6E9AA6-66A8-4BFA-A1A9-25703C7744D5.jpeg
    1E6E9AA6-66A8-4BFA-A1A9-25703C7744D5.jpeg
    570.9 KB · Views: 22
WIDE RECEIVER. We aren't playing anyone that would even be a #3 on any team in the league.

Here Winston is looking deep for too long and doesn’t look at the crossing routes. Once he does it’s too late, he chooses the wrong route, and Throckmorton gets beat. The right throw is to Taysom who has a guy trailing after the cross pick and no one is in the flat. Taysom easily gets a first down here.

Throckmorton is a weak link but that’s expected. He’s not horrible but not going to hold his block forever. I wonder what Landon Young can contribute at guard.
Is that the play where Johnson stop running his wide open look?

Saints fans: "I just have no idea why we can't get the ball moving on offense".

Saints receiving corps:

giants-1.jpg

Winston needs to do a better job of finding Kamara. Without Thomas, Kamara is his best option in the passing game.

In all seriousness, I know the old saying about absence making the heart grow fonder, but TQS is not someone with the track record to suggest he might consistently deliver as a #2 WR.

We need Thomas back, that much is obvious. But I would be persisting with Kenny Stills this season too, and I'd be certainly making some inquiries about Josh Gordon.

Even with Brees, this team struggled when opposing teams took away CGM and Kamara. Even with them healthy, we need at least one or two other potential playmakers. What we have now won't cut it, especially if we have to play from behind.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom