what is going on in oxford? (1 Viewer)

Co.grats to ole miss

I guess kamara was the only let down. But a big day for the rebs.

According to marshall henderson its "white girl wednesday" in oxford which i am sure means a party

Co.grats to ole miss

I guess kamara was the only let down. But a big day for the rebs.

According to marshall henderson its "white girl wednesday" in oxford which i am sure means a party

David Kamara signed. You must be thinking of Alvin Kamara. David Kamara was a somewhat borderline SEC recruit who was Nkemdiches teammate in high school. There was some question as to whether Ole Miss would take him, but with first losing Duke Riley and than losing Elijah Daniel we had a ton of free slots.

In regards to VVextreme.

Te mistake many SEC fans make is they have a very SEC centric view. Ole Miss looks small and piddling because its middle-to-last by SEC standards, but the SEC is terribly skewed. You know Ole Miss pays more, has a bigger budget, and a bigger stadium than most programs? I mean programs like Stanford, Texas Tech, North Caolina, etc. we actually spend more than Texas AM. AM for goodness sake? The problem is, as in all things football, 15th in the nation, be it ranking, money, stadium size, whatever, is like 7th or worse in the SEC.

But what this means is the "leap up" for coach at an SEC school is a pretty small list. There are, objectively, a half dozen or more better jobs within the SEC sure, but outside the SEC probably only a half dozen or so more. What, Texas, Oklahoma, Ohio State, Notre Dame, USC, Oregon, Michigan, FSU, a few others? Even schools like Virginia Tech, California, Oklahoma State, etc Ole Miss would have a decent chance of fending off.

But it's a little besides the point and highly speculative.

The Saints are hiring a defensive coordinator now. Would you rather hire one that will get the defense near the top ten in the league in a couple of years, develop young talent? Or one who will sit around 16th or 18th in the league but stay with Payton forever? Most would take the guy who develops real promise for the defense, congratulate him when he gets tabbed for a head coaching job, and rely on the franchise to adequately replace him.

If Freeze does such a bang up jump he gets a godfather offer from the likes of Texas, well, I thank him for his work and wish him the best. Everyone will have been better off for the association, and what else can you ask for?

In regards to VVextreme.

Te mistake many SEC fans make is they have a very SEC centric view. Ole Miss looks small and piddling because its middle-to-last by SEC standards, but the SEC is terribly skewed. You know Ole Miss pays more, has a bigger budget, and a bigger stadium than most programs? I mean programs like Stanford, Texas Tech, North Caolina, etc. we actually spend more than Texas AM. AM for goodness sake? The problem is, as in all things football, 15th in the nation, be it ranking, money, stadium size, whatever, is like 7th or worse in the SEC.

But what this means is the "leap up" for coach at an SEC school is a pretty small list. There are, objectively, a half dozen or more better jobs within the SEC sure, but outside the SEC probably only a half dozen or so more. What, Texas, Oklahoma, Ohio State, Notre Dame, USC, Oregon, Michigan, FSU, a few others? Even schools like Virginia Tech, California, Oklahoma State, etc Ole Miss would have a decent chance of fending off.

But it's a little besides the point and highly speculative.

The Saints are hiring a defensive coordinator now. Would you rather hire one that will get the defense near the top ten in the league in a couple of years, develop young talent? Or one who will sit around 16th or 18th in the league but stay with Payton forever? Most would take the guy who develops real promise for the defense, congratulate him when he gets tabbed for a head coaching job, and rely on the franchise to adequately replace him.

If Freeze does such a bang up jump he gets a godfather offer from the likes of Texas, well, I thank him for his work and wish him the best. Everyone will have been better off for the association, and what else can you ask for?

I agree with everything you said. Except, I don't think Freeze can stay at Ole Ms forever and remain a hot commodity. Unless he gets lucky with a Cam Newton type player, then he just doesn't have the resources to ever get out of the West to even get to Atlanta to face the East. It's just not going to happen. And eventually this golden boy reputation will tarnish. Even if it's a lateral job, he may need to take it just to be able to be in a position he can win some conference championships. Say a program like Nebraska, FSU, Miami, Virginia Tech, even a castrated Penn State program, etc. Clemson would be a good step.

The only other option is that he finds a way to get Ole Miss to step up their financial support for the program and invest in it the way other schools do. And in the process, find a way to castrate MSU to eliminate them from the equation. Then he's got a chance, but that just seems far-fetched to me.

And for whatever it's worth, I'm definitely getting nervous about how touch the West is getting. I could easily see us losing to ya'll next year in a close game. We're also going to face A&M, Florida, Alabama and UGA. What kind of a nightmare schedule is this anyways? We're hosed.

Sorry still not buying into Ole Miss yet. Still won't beat LSU or Bama. See Miss. St.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom