What is it about health care that makes people feel entitled to it? (2 Viewers)

The VAT is 25% and the property tax is 8%, the above mentioned 54% is the payroll deductions. I don't have to pay any premiums or deductibles on my healthcare, which actually covers me in all of Europe, not only Denmark. Energy taxes keep the gas price around $9/gallon, so yes our taxes are high. Most people though, like the system the way it is and don't mind the taxes

So am I adding all those together? The 25% VAT and the 8% property tax are NOT included in the 54% payroll tax? Am I understanding that correctly?

Wow, based on reading this board, I had zero idea so many American's incorrectly believed this was a constitutional right! That blows my mind.

Seriously, if it said in the constitution that American's should have free healthcare, we'd have it by now. Or at the worst, we'd have an amendment resulting in the removal of free healthcare in the constitution. End of story. There's no reason to twist words around and play semantics with the constitution to further your agenda.

Food and shelter are more important to life than healthcare, but I don't see 100% of Americans receiving free food and shelter. The homeless guy at the end of the street told me so.

To send our tax dollars elsewhere.

So am I adding all those together? The 25% VAT and the 8% property tax are NOT included in the 54% payroll tax? Am I understanding that correctly?

That's almost correct - I made a typo with the property tax. It is .8% or for our house about $5000/year

The VAT is correct though

If I earn $1000 I get to keep $ 462

If I use that money to buy groceries I would pay another $92 in taxes, which means that on the original $1000, I get to use $370

>>But the element of choice has been replaced by government coercion. Maybe I don't want good health care, maybe my kids won't go to college. Surely a self-proclaimed anarchist can appreciate the hesitance in wanting to turn over control of a majority of personal income to the government.

Obviously. But I don't have that alternative to declare fiscal independence from America lest I be thrown in jail with all the tax fraud idiots. You have a choice on who sticks it to you in the end, the government or the private sector. Ultimately the private sector has my interest at heart only inasmuch as they can get me to be a repeat, happy consumer (or even better for them, get the government to force me to become their consumer). The government (in theory) is me, so I'm not out to stick it to myself. Of course that exists in theory only and therefore doesn't really count. Pick your favorite poison or booby trap. You're going to pay either way so it becomes a matter of who you trust. :covri:

TPS

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom